Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

going down and periods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Few questions...
1. How good do blowjobs feel, really?
2. Any other girls who can't stand guys going down on them? I absolutely hate it for a whole bunch of reasons, am I just odd?
3. Why in the name of all the gods do certain males wish to go down on a lady when she's on? Sex I can just get my head around but oral during a period just seems really :yuck:

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    To me, the period would seem a bad time to do anything highly sexual involving that area. But diffrent strokes for different folks you know, different people have diferent fetishes.

I like oral rougher... I like to feel it.

I've only been involved in that area, TBH, never gone all the way. But to me, the period = No. Eugh. Not for me.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I personally wouldn't fee comfy even having sex while on my period, never mind my bf going down on me.

You are not weird for not liking people go down on you. Some people just don't like it. IMO you certainly aren't odd.
  • Options
    i dont know how blokes can go down on a bird when she's on... its just fowl... i dont think i'd even conisder sex during that time - although saying that i am most horny at that time :D

I used to like being licked out but went off it suddenly... maybe it was being done wrong or i just didnt like it, but maybe that'll change one day....

i used to hate giving blow jobs as i hated the taste of cum and when it all slimes in your mouth i even used to heave at the thought of pre-cum... now though i dont mind it. when i see their face with all that excitment it gives me a sort of pleasure and power :naughty:
  • Options
    I find it hard to imagine someone disliking their boyfriend going down on them. Maybe it was just being performed wrongly and you didn't get out of it what you should have. Some people don't enjoy it because they feel uncomfortable with it though.
  • Options
    going down

i agree; i think perhaps your man didn't take his time whilst munching on you, exploring and enjoying every kissable bit. yum! i love giving oral even just a wee bit more than receiving. it's an art, i think. :yippe:

as for doing it during that time of the month, i think not, unless a woman really wants it.
  • Options
    I don't mind sex during my period that's not a problem just put an old towel down and away you go! My boyfriend has offered to go down on me while i'm on, but i'm not keen on that idea as i can't imagine it being all that great for him, mmm messy.
  • Options
    Yes I agree Blowjobs are often better than sex... It feels greay with no effort...

Sex on a period isnt that bad, my gf just puts a towel down, but going down thats nasty... find u endin up eatin bits of tomato.. eww!
  • Options
    I go down on my wife when she's having her period.

Not on the heaviest day or two, but the other days of that week, she'll shower, put in a tampon, and I'll lick her. If you stay around the clit, it's no big deal.

Then once she cums, she pulls the tampon out, we throw a towel down, and go at it.

I certainly wouldn't have done this with just anyone when I was single, but with a committed partner, I don't think it's a big deal.
  • Options
    gomigirl wrote:
    Few questions...
    2. Any other girls who can't stand guys going down on them? I absolutely hate it for a whole bunch of reasons, am I just odd?
    3. Why in the name of all the gods do certain males wish to go down on a lady when she's on? Sex I can just get my head around but oral during a period just seems really :yuck:

1. Great if she actually knows how to do it.
    2. Your missing out, alot.
    3. Never have done and never will do. It's disgusting.
  • Options
    gomigirl wrote:
    Few questions...

1.dont know im not a man,but i sure as hell love giving them.
    2.maybe you need the right experience,not odd at all thougH!
    3. :yuck:
  • Options

Depends, can be bad. however, my most intense orgasm ever was as a result of an amazing blow job.

Been there. Never understood why she didn't like it, but hey, her loss I suppose. Some women have "self esteem" issue about it apparently...

3. Why in the name of all the gods do certain males wish to go down on a lady when she's on? Sex I can just get my head around but oral during a period just seems really

Don't know. Vampires?
  • Options
    jeff47 wrote:
    I go down on my wife when she's having her period.

Not on the heaviest day or two, but the other days of that week, she'll shower, put in a tampon, and I'll lick her. If you stay around the clit, it's no big deal.

Then once she cums, she pulls the tampon out, we throw a towel down, and go at it.

I certainly wouldn't have done this with just anyone when I was single, but with a committed partner, I don't think it's a big deal.

agree with this. if you are this close, it's not a problem,

as long as you're clean, then it's all good. whether or not you feel like it is a different matter. if you're PMTed to the eyeballs and aching all over, then no sex will be fun.
  • Options
    Heh, some interesting answers there.
    And as Aimz said about feelings of pleasure and power if you're going down on a guy, then yeah I like that lots and lots, I enjoy giving head, but I can't enjoy receiving it, not because of any lack of skill on the guy's part, but because I'm lying there trying to enjoy it and all I'm getting running aorund my head is "Ugh, that must be so horrible, he really *can't* enjoy doing that..."
  • Options
    gomigirl wrote:
    Few questions...

1. really good :) Although towards the end, a guy will be so stimulated the difference in sensation between the mouth and a well lubricated hand will not be great. still feels amazing though, very good foreplay :thumb:

2. non- applicable, but I guess It would have to be to do with lack of self confidence when it comes down to it

3. :yuck: very yucky... using the fingers carefully is ok though, I seem to remember that girls are more sensitve down there when their on their periods... but there's no way I'd give oral while someone was on their period :yuck:
  • Options
    ive never really enjoyed a bloke going down on me unless he uses his fingers as well. but i have found in the last couple of yrs every bloke ive been with have been desperate to go down there but i get a feeling they have been watching too many episodes of sex and the city for tips he he. so dont worry me and a couple of my mates dont like it yet some of my other mates love it at the end of the day if we all liked exactly the same thing there would be no fun in exploring a new partner!
  • Options
    Hi there.

Just like you ENJOY giving head to guys, there are guys who LOVE to lick pussy.

Sure, there will be guys who just do it so that you'll blow them, but others will LOVE to do it. My wife rarely blows me because of jaw problems, but I lick her nearly every time we have sex.

So if he's into it, sit back and enjoy! You'll be glad you did. And if your guy is inexperienced buy willing/wanting to learn, don't hesitate to provide some directions.

gomigirl wrote:
    Heh, some interesting answers there.
    And as Aimz said about feelings of pleasure and power if you're going down on a guy, then yeah I like that lots and lots, I enjoy giving head, but I can't enjoy receiving it, not because of any lack of skill on the guy's part, but because I'm lying there trying to enjoy it and all I'm getting running aorund my head is "Ugh, that must be so horrible, he really *can't* enjoy doing that..."
  • Options
    Couldn't tell ya :p

Tis your body. If you don't like it, you don't like it. I, however, rather enjoyed it...

I've had sex while on. Twice, actually. Both times it was right at the end, but still. I was a bit disturbed that he wanted to sleep with me even though I was on, but there was once when he said to me "it is possible to go down on a girl when she's wearing a tampon"...which disgusted me hugely. I was just...eugh no *shudders*. But then, he was a twat anyway *shrugs*
  • Options
    I really don't like oral sex either, why is it that almost every guy you say this too always responds with "you've never had it good enough" and seems to think that they are the expert at oral sex? I have had it good to the point of orgasm but I just don't like it, I don't like the sensation, it tickles too much and it just really isn't as enjoyable as other things. I quite enjoy giving it but I just don't much like being on the receiving end!

I would never let a guy go down on my if I were on my period, but I guess if you use tampons and make sure the area is clean first then it wouldn't be such a big deal.
  • Options
    Boring, uncomfortable and difficult to breathe, but then I am a girl.
    I don't even give them much anymore, I had a selfish boyfriend who demanded them all the time then I started saying to people 'I'll only do it if you'll go down on me first.' Worked wonders :yes:

Nah, some guys are just crap at it. If you find someone who actually knows where everything is then it's really good.
    But I see what you mean, sometimes I worry they'll get bored or that they want me to shave, and that just really puts me off.

That's just unhygenic if you ask me.
  • Options
    I think going down on a girl is pretty nasty. If i was a boy i'd never do it but i don't mind if he does it cause it feels REALLY good.
    Also doing it when the girl is 'nice 'n' spicy' (the lovely nickname my boy gave it) is just disgusting. Also that time is a bit sore and there is some grumpyness so i wouldnt imagine it'd be that great anyway.

Sophie
    xXx
  • Options
    I wouldn't know how good a blow job feels but from the reactions it usually envokes i'm guessing it's pretty good.
    You're not odd if you don't want a guy to go down on you. My friend absolutely can't stand it where as I love it (as long as it's done well :p). As people have said, it's personal preference.
    As for men going down on girls when they're on...yuk is all i can say. My bloke doesn't like having sex when I'm on although it doesn't bother me so we'll only usually do that on the last day when my period is really light/virtually non-existant. I doubt he'd ever want to go down on me at that time of the month, and I definately don't think I'd want him to
  • Options
    theres nothing wrong with you not liking guys going down on you- i hated it until recently, and that was only after going out with someone for almost a year before i could get comfortable with him enough to like it. berfore that i wouldnt even let him try. ill definately have sex on myperiod, mostly because this is when i am the most horny, but i dont like the idea of someone going down on me while i have it.