Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Blood stains

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, so this isn't fashion but I thought that you guys could help me out best.
I've just suffered from a completely random nose bleed and the blood was everywhere, including on the large stuffed animal that my boyfriend got my for part v-day. Since I don't think it's machine washable does anyone have any suggestions on how I could clean it? I'm totally gutted.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hand wash it in warm water with wool/delicates hand wash soap stuff. but do it as soon as you can, cause dried blood is a nightmare to get off.

if you haven't got any hand wash stuff, try shampoo.
    ok, I used some shampoo and warm water and it looks like the bulk of it has been removed, I'll have to wait for him to dry off a bit to know for sure. Thanks a lot! :heart:
    if you have an airing cupboard, sit him in there to dry so he doesn't get that horrid stale water smell. although a warm room or on top of a radiator would work too.

my stain removal skills are honed, cause i'm clumsy as hell, and am forever getting all manner of things all over my clothes/floor/sofa. ;)
    He's sprawlled over my radiator drying out right now. Let's hope his fur dries nicely.
    Now I just need to hope the blood has come out my top and jeans too. :|
    I came to the Fashion forum to post this thread too. I got my 5 week old piercing caught in a mosh pit. I've tried scrubbing my white T-shirt (it would be white, wouldn't it :p). Gonna have to try these thricks - thanks Kaffrin! :)
    if it's a t-shirt, and it's dried, you might need to rock out the stain devils.

although if you've scrubbed it, and it's not coming out, it might be new t-shirt time :/
    kaffrin wrote:
    although if you've scrubbed it, and it's not coming out, it might be new t-shirt time :/
    That's what I thought. I offered to up to the god of "f*ck it, I tried" and hit Haggar to find 2 white Tshirts for £10, so relatively happy :)
    if its a white tshirt have you tried soaking it in a bleach solution?
    That should get most of it out.
    if its a white tshirt have you tried soaking it in a bleach solution?
    That should get most of it out.
    Haven't tried that.

Most of it's come out, I don't thin it's that visible anymore, and I have got two new white T-shirts. That T-shirt had a whole in it and was free anyway :p
    madraykin wrote:
    OK, so this isn't fashion but I thought that you guys could help me out best.
    I've just suffered from a completely random nose bleed and the blood was everywhere, including on the large stuffed animal that my boyfriend got my for part v-day. Since I don't think it's machine washable does anyone have any suggestions on how I could clean it? I'm totally gutted.

You need to get the blood off pretty quickly...no longer than maybe a day or so, maybe less.

A stuffed animal...probably very difficult to get rid of the stain completely. Especially thick blood.
    another tip, if the stain really is there to stay, dye the clothes a dark colour, or red!