Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just been dumped

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive just been dumped by the love of my life and i really cant get over her, i really want to get back out with her, but i have a feeling she really hates me. What shall i do i still love her

Comments

• Options
    Don't get obsessive. That'll make her hate you.

Just...give it time kid. You'll be ok...if a bit bitter in later life ;)
  • Options
    but i know im never gonna get over her, she was perfect we both had the same intrests in everything and we were so great together
  • Options
    You will. It'll take a lot of time, but you will. And you'll meet someone a hell of a lot better. I know you don't believe it at the moment but you will...trust me.
  • Options
    when did it happen?

Hugs

you wont believe it now but you will feel better
  • Options
    Not the answer that you want but you should forget her.

Getting back with someone who dumped you is not worth the hassle. If she did take you back she would only be with you while she waited for someone she likes more to come along. Why prolong the agony, are you ever gonna be sure how she realy feels if she has dumped you in the past? If you just wanna play along then thats up to you, but dont get too hung up on her cos it wont last.

It seems simple from the outside. Take a step back and think about how you would advise a mate with the same problem.
  • Options
    Thats true, thanks for the help guys im gonna think about it seriosly now
  • Options
    Look after number one - IE You!
  • Options
    You're fifteen. You'll live.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    You're fifteen. You'll live.
    Harsh...yet true.
  • Options
    i know how you feel. my bf dumped me and we were totally perfect together, we never argued or anything. i think it makes it worse when the relationship was so perfect because it seems like you've lost so much more. just give it time, it's hard but it happens...
  • Options
    im finding it really really hard coz we were the perfect couple
  • Options
    ive just spoken to her and she seys she still wants to b mates but no more than that,

is that a good or a bad thing?!
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    about 6 months and we saw each other EVERY day
  • Options
    danswebs wrote:
    ive just spoken to her and she seys she still wants to b mates but no more than that,

is that a good or a bad thing?!

Well, that depends.

If you're seeing her wanting to be friends as your opening to get back together with her then it's a bad thing.
  • Options
    well i dont really know it could be and it could not be
  • Options
    danswebs wrote:
    well i dont really know it could be and it could not be

Well you see sometimes, when people break up, the person doing the breaking up says "we will still be friends". They don't really mean this, of course, they just say it as an attempt to take some of the edge off the fact that they have just broken up with you. (Of course in some cases it is possible that they do really want to be friends, but even in those cases it wont happen until later on after the break up time has really panned out)

Of course, some people take the words "i want to be friends" and convert them in their own heads to mean "i want to get back with you". This is bad.
  • Options
    Hun I feel for you. My first heart break at 15 killed, I really thort my heart was being ripped into pieces. But the thing is, you can't keep saying, "we were perfect" cos I kept saying that, but it can't be true can it, otherwise you wouldn't have split up. Sorry if that sounds harsh but you can't keep deluding yourself that you were a perfect couple. No relationship is perfect, and also, it's a negative way to look at something that is no longer there. I suggest you don't hang around for a while. Only because friendships with ex's never work if one of you wants one thing and the other person wants something else. Try and just distance yourself away from her for a while and concentrate on healing. Spend time with friends and stuff, that'll help alot. And don't look at old emails, photos etc for a while, they'll only make you sadder. PM me if you need to. Take care.
  • Options
    thanks alot ppl for this advice ill try and put it into practice now
  • Options
    good good advice here, leave her well alone. I thought i'd never get over my ex...... now i'm more happier now than when i was with her!! A mate of mine said things happen for a reason, didnt believe him at the time but very very true.... i just dread to think where i would be today if i stayed with her :yeees:
  • Options
    man i know how you feel my g/f dumped me too and it s fucked me up so badly in the last 2 days ive eat nuthin but 1 slice of cheese on toast , and that was force fed to me by my ever-fuckin mum, cos ive got through at least 70 quids worth of booze and weed to numb my self from all this shit
    ive even contemplated suicide for fucks sake
  • Options
    in 2 hateful days ive got through 3 15 litre bottles vodka at 24%
    1 12 pack of heiniken
    2 10 bags of weed(white widow) at 2 buds per reg sized fag paper
  • Options
    still fucks you right up tho
  • Options
    When i look back at relationships i had at that time i smile now. You will smile too eventually about this one.
  • Options
    to coin a cliche

Time is a great healer. Its true

But right now I know life sucks so surrond yourself with stuff to make yourself better whatever that might be but try not to turn to the drink.

Phoenix
  • Options
    its quite strange she seems to be speaking to me a lot now, i dont know if thats good or bad
  • Options
    speaking to you in what sense?

Phoenix
  • Options
    just a friendly normal type of way