Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

FAO Welsh speakers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What does this mean? "bechgyn cymraeg wedi meddwi, croeso gartref!"

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Luce wrote:
    What does this mean? "bechgyn cymraeg wedi meddwi, croeso gartref!"
    Welsh boys are drunk, welcome home.
    i feel really bad for being welsh and not speaking it....:(
    i feel really bad for being welsh and not speaking it....:(
    Why?
    because it's like being english and not being able to speak english. i can't speak the language of my birth land and that feels sad.
    because it's like being english and not being able to speak english. i can't speak the language of my birth land and that feels sad.
    Well, not having ever lived outside of Wales, I wouldn't know what that feels like. :(
    ummm, well i wish i'd be able to move back to britain. Spain is seriously annoying me. nothing works here. It's certainly no holiday. really fucks me off when people say i'm ungreatful for not wanting to live here. yeah fine, you come and live here and see what 4 months without rain is like, and when it takes a yar to get your phone connected, and other stupid stuff.....give me rainy cold london any day!
    ...give me rainy cold london any day!
    Or anywhere else in rainy cold Britain at that!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    ummm, well i wish i'd be able to move back to britain. Spain is seriously annoying me. nothing works here. It's certainly no holiday. really fucks me off when people say i'm ungreatful for not wanting to live here. yeah fine, you come and live here and see what 4 months without rain is like, and when it takes a yar to get your phone connected, and other stupid stuff.....give me rainy cold london any day!
    Four months (or more) with no rain is heaven, as long as there is some rain once in a while (it's needed). But I suppose people have different tastes.
    3 mohtns till Summer... Come on Yorghos, almost there... You can do it...
    i was born in cardiff....one of britain's rainyest places....i miss it. though right now it's chucking it down here.
    you feel bad for not being able to speak welsh ?....does this mean i should feel bad for not speaking gaelic

no-one speaks gaelic in this country hardly ,i dont blame them its the stupidest language ever,
    If you ask me it sounds like your trying to clear your throat with everything you say :<
    good point. i speak english, spanish, german, and i can sign in british sign language so i suppose thats enough for the moment....did try to learn elfish once....failed though
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    rossco wrote:
    you feel bad for not being able to speak welsh ?....does this mean i should feel bad for not speaking gaelic

no-one speaks gaelic in this country hardly ,i dont blame them its the stupidest language ever,
    If you ask me it sounds like your trying to clear your throat with everything you say :<

Nobody speaks it yet I was forced to endure being taught it for 9 years and all I know is how to count to ten and the colours. What a waste of time really when they could've taught us something more useful, like French or even grammar.
    yeah up in the north of scotland theyve changed all the road signs to have english and gaelic what another waste of fucking time and money NO-ONE speaks it

and it confuses tourists even more there liek wheres this place GRAKLSDFIEIE i keep thinking there in the wrong frickin country

i sigh i do
    Welsh is a dying language unfortunately...
    i'v elived in wales all my life, was born here in fact, and all i can say in welsh is bore da, rydw i'n hoffi siocled, and i can also count to 10 before i get confused

ooo! i can also say rydw i'n hoffi coffi!!!!
    i'v elived in wales all my life, was born here in fact, and all i can say in welsh is bore da, rydw i'n hoffi siocled, and i can also count to 10 before i get confused. i can also say rydw i'n hoffi coffi!!!!
    Un, dau, tri...
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    rossco wrote:
    yeah up in the north of scotland theyve changed all the road signs to have english and gaelic what another waste of fucking time and money NO-ONE speaks it

and it confuses tourists even more there liek wheres this place GRAKLSDFIEIE i keep thinking there in the wrong frickin country

i sigh i do

Yup, I know. If you get onto Skye then they have the Gaelic in bold rather than the English. It is stupid but I suppose they are trying to be cultural or something. They have onlyjust changed in the last couple of years though.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    But does anyone of you gaje's know how to speak in cacker chavy? :D
    Weekender Offender 
    I lived in Wales for 6 months and I recognised 'cymraeg' (Wales/Welsh) and 'croeso' (welcome). I dont know the rest. I only managed to learn a few words!