Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Maybe herpes?? This is graphic.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going to be somewhat blunt so I'll try not to gross you all out.

My period ended about a week ago, and 6 days ago I had unprotected sex. (I almost always use a condom, but that was the only time) I'm not on birth control because my mom refuses. I took the morning after pill 1 day later and felt a little sick that night. Felt fine until today- I randomly started bleeding (and this is almost 5 days later) and it was a dark dark color too. Is this abnormal bleeding just from the morning after pill or should i be worried? Also, here comes the weird part.

I've had 2 partners in my whole life and I've always used a condom except the last time and this morning (before I noticed the bleeding), I felt a bump right next to my bumhole. I've never had anal sex so I dont understand how I got it. It's somewhat painful. Is this considered herpes? Should I just go get it checked out if it doesnt go away? :confused::blush:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Should I just go get it checked out if it doesnt go away? :confused::blush:
    Yes.

Birth control is your choice not your mum's. And condoms won't necessarily prevent the spread of herpes.
    wouldnt have thought it was anything to do with your mum whether u use birth control or not. how old are you and which country?
    If you're old enough to be having sex then you're old enough to go to your local family planning clinic, who will put you on the pill.

They abide by patient confidentiality so don't worry about mother finding out. (long as you're not silly enough to leave them lying around)

Thesite can't look at yer bum and tell you whats wrong, you know your body better than anyone so if it feels/looks dodgy get it checked out.
    wouldnt have thought it was anything to do with your mum whether u use birth control or not. how old are you and which country?

20 years old.

Alberta, Canada.

Living with my parents, they have very strict rules that I have to obey or I get kicked out. I'm in the process of saving enough to buy my apartment and get work done on my car, so that's why I live with my parents at this age when most 20 years old arent at home. I'm sorry, but I dont know much about birth control.... :blush: We have planned parenthoods around here but I don't really know what to expect. You have to have a physical first to get birth control, right? :confused:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    20 years old.

Alberta, Canada.

Living with my parents, they have very strict rules that I have to obey or I get kicked out. I'm in the process of saving enough to buy my apartment and get work done on my car, so that's why I live with my parents at this age when most 20 years old arent at home. I'm sorry, but I dont know much about birth control.... :blush: We have planned parenthoods around here but I don't really know what to expect. You have to have a physical first to get birth control, right? :confused:

You are 20 years old and still follow what your mum says? Including things like birth control?

If I were you I would seriously think about going on some sort of birth control if this sex wasn't just a one off.

Secondly, I do think that if you are worried about things you should go to your doctors. They will also be able to tell you all your options re birth control too.
    This bump is most likely a hemorrhoid or a spot. If you're worried go and get it checked out.
    Hiya
    It's hard for us to suggest what to do when you live in Canada, but if you are registered with a doctor or have a drop-in centre it's best to get down there for a check up.
    Have a read through of some of TheSite's information - these links should help:
    Contraception

Visinting a GUM clinic (obviously this is based on UK clinics, but should answer some of your questions still)

Genital herpes

Hope these help

:)
    there are methods of contraception available here in the uk that your mum would never be able to find out about -such as the injection, implant or coil. i dont know what your options are in canada but im sure there are similar options. your mums no birth control rule is a bit harsh and could have life changing implications for you...would she rather have you pregnant?? more importantly....would you rather have you pregnant than risk upsetting your mum? planned pArenthood sounds like a good place to start if you want to take control. As for the other problem..a doctor is the best bet.
    i live in the US, and i have gone to planned parenthood myself- while i was living with my parents. im sure it is the same as here, and this is what you can expect. you will have an exam, and they will do an STD check. if you want they will also do a pregnancy test. then they will prescribe you whatever kind of birth control they think is best for you. they wont call your parents, and there is no way for your parents to find out, unless of course they find the pills. it really isnt that bad. i dont know how insurance and all work in canada, but i know without insurance, it is still really inexpensive, and if you call them they will tell you how much it is for whatever you are getting. good luck!