Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

best way of geting cheap cheap flights

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i'm trying to look at prices for early june time, but they are really really beyond my price range and as i'd be going back at the begining of august (got the month off) i'm not too sure how i can do it....whats the best way of trying to save up...i'm going into to london as well which makes things 10x harder.

anyone work for easyjet or BA ? :p

thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i'm trying to look at prices for early june time, but they are really really beyond my price range and as i'd be going back at the begining of august (got the month off) i'm not too sure how i can do it....whats the best way of trying to save up...i'm going into to london as well which makes things 10x harder.

anyone work for easyjet or BA ? :p

thanks

Check out www.easyjet.co.uk

Once you are there you can look up prices and stuff. Tis relatively easy.

Or you could try www.expedia.co.uk (I think that is the addy - it is Expedia anyway) and see what they say. They are more independent and look at all the places to find the cheapest way.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    try easyjet and they seem to be really expencive. BA, monarch, BMI, iberia all fly here and i can't seem to get cheap flight from any of them....

and expedia always tels me to go via berlin which costs 500 quid or more...
    Why don't you go on the train, high speed to paris and then le tunnel to UK can't possibly cost more than a flight can it?
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    try easyjet and they seem to be really expencive. BA, monarch, BMI, iberia all fly here and i can't seem to get cheap flight from any of them....

and expedia always tels me to go via berlin which costs 500 quid or more...

I'm really surprised that this far in advance you aren't getting anything cheap from someone like easyjet. Are you being really fussy about when you want to go? If so, my advice would be to be flexible with dates and times and you may get something cheaper.
    Ryan Air are selling some tickets for 75p or something stupid, even if you have to get a train to an airport thats dirt cheap.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Ryan Air are selling some tickets for 75p or something stupid, even if you have to get a train to an airport thats dirt cheap.
    yeah i might have to go up to granada and fly from there to stansted and get the bus to stratford.

i'm not being fussy about flight dates or times, easyjet have put the prices for the start of june right up....talking 150-200€

i need to get a daytimeish flight in because of the fact that i don't want to be travling around by myself in the dark but other than that i'm not fussed with times.
    Two Words that can easily explain high prices.

Summer Holidays.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    **Helen** wrote:

Are you new? There will be more Mod's than people soon.
    Two Words that can easily explain high prices.

Summer Holidays.
    the start of june??

doesn't make sense to me. i though the holidays started in july.
    stansted, gatwick or heathrow, luton is a bit too far out i think cost me jsut as much with buses into london flying there.
    think thats whats i'm going to have to go for, cheap to get to where i want to be as well.
    yeah, stansted has pretty reliable trains into london. I need to be in london....and if i can't avoid it Norwich for a night or 2, was so much hassle trying to get up there last time i don't think i'm gonna bother but i should go and see my great aunt.

all....so....confusing......:(
    If you are going to and from Stansted at a reasonable time dont bother with the express train, its really dear and you can get a normal one for much less.
    bus to stratford is 7 quid...
    train to liverpool st is 7.50

not that exspencive...

my biggest problem is trying to get a flight back at a good time because theres no way i can get there for 5 am from london