Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Was this legal?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When i was 14 (i'm 15 now), i was going out with a guy who was 18. We did some sexual stuff together but not actual sex in any kind of way. I was totally fine with all of it and so was he. We're not going out anymore but he said he could have gotten into trouble for it. Is this right? :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes, it is. You = minor. Therefore it was illegal.
    Yes.

It is illegal to have sexual contact with a child under the age of 16. It is classified as indecent assault now, under the Sexual Offences Act 2003.

Though if you say nothing and he says nothing, then nothing will happen.
    ok thank you. I was just wondering. Well obviously neither of us are going to say anything because I don't want him to get into trouble. It was a while ago now.
    Kermit wrote:
    Yes.

It is illegal to have sexual contact with a child under the age of 16. It is classified as indecent assault now, under the Sexual Offences Act 2003.

Though if you say nothing and he says nothing, then nothing will happen.
    Actually *remembers*...I was wondering a while back, and do every so often...

This is purely hypothetical, 'cause I can't be bothered with the hassle, but what would happen if I went to the police NOW, having turned 16, and told them about the, er, sexual relationship I had when I was underage? Could he still be charged with it?
    You could.

They wouldn't do anything though.
    not if it was consensual, they probably wouldnt do anything unless you specifically wanted to press charges.
    Thanking ye. Was just a wonderment is all.
    they would'nt do anything unless you wanted to take action- besides the fact the law says that if you agreed with what you were doing theres no problem with it
    no it doesnt

as a child saying they consented, even if they said yes, if they are under 16 with sex classes as statutory rape
    Lol noah - you would probably vote in favour of the guy who said he was seduced by a 13 year old girl, or something. I can't remember specifically...
    someone said they were seduced by a 13 year old girl??? what???? :shocking: