Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Concerened about my boyfriend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend is really piling on the pounds however he won't do anything about it. He is so fussy with what he eats and he does little excercise. I keep nagging for him to do something but he just won't listen. What should I do?

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    To be honest, I don't think there is much you can do. It is up to him to sort it out and if you nag too much at him he may resent you for it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't want him to damage his health tho.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    I don't want him to damage his health tho.

I know you don't but you have done all you can IMO. You have voiced your concerns. The rest is up to him im afraid. I know that will be frustrating though.

How about suggesting various activities that you could do together one day. For example, suggest going for a walk somewhere or even suggest something like paintballing where he will be doing some sort of exercise. You don't need to play sport or go to the gym to do exercise. My friend who is a bit overweight decided to get a dance mat for her playstation to do exercise on. It has worked and she has been enjoying it too. And if you are cooking, try and keep it healthy.

You can't force him to improve his lifestyle and if you keep nagging then he may just resent you for that.
    i have the perfect solution as it worked for me! organise to go to the gym or swimming with your boyfriends and maybe some of your mates and his mates that way it makes it fun and go to the pub afterwards for a couple! that way there is a reward for everyone!
    i have the perfect solution as it worked for me! organise to go to the gym or swimming with your boyfriends and maybe some of your mates and his mates that way it makes it fun and go to the pub afterwards for a couple! that way there is a reward for everyone!

:chin: yeh, there's nothing wrong with telling all his and your mates that you think he's fat and needs to get down the gym.

Leave friends out of it.
    the fact you are nagging may be part of the problem, it makes men stubborn...even though its just coz you care.
    poke his tummy and ask him who ate all the pies.
    I keep nagging for him to do something but he just won't listen
    stop nagging him...
    start talking to him...
    tell him your concerns...
    try to motivate him... : eat your meals together... go for a run together... arrange to go down the gym together - etc
    other than that, there is not much you can really do.
    buy him some new jeans with a 40in waist and say `i thought these looked about your size`.
    buy him some new jeans with a 40in waist and say `i thought these looked about your size`.
    :lol: and :rolleyes: simultaneously.
    Kentish wrote:
    :lol: and :rolleyes: simultaneously.
    ;) well what can you do. People will say youre being shallow etc if you admit you just dont fancy your man with a big ol` beer gut and vice versa a man would probably get flamed to hell if he admitted he thinks his girlfriend would look better losing a pound or two.
    You can either put up with it, dont say anything and love him for what he is, not what he looks like, you could tell him hes getting a bit porky and start buying him skimmed milk or you could dump him for a leaner model.
    Second7th wrote:
    :chin: yeh, there's nothing wrong with telling all his and your mates that you think he's fat and needs to get down the gym.

Leave friends out of it.
    well i've used this method, successfully! Friends are friends for a reason.