Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

always ill...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my flat mate is constantly ill.at first we all had sympathy for her, but now no one is too bothered as everyday she complains she is ill. she has been to the uni doctor several times and they can seem to find out what is wrong. when i ask her what her symptoms are she simply replies that she feels really 'wobbly'!!this is going on for 6 months or so now.she has missed a lot of uni but she still manages to go out every night.i cant seem to figure out if she is genuinly ill or not!!!im really trying to help her but it just becomes annoying to hear her complaints everday.she was sayin to me she thinks she has glandular fever, but surely wouldnt the doctor pick up on it??!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Glandular fever can be picked up in blood tests.

Maybe she has something like post-viral fatigue which is basically extreme tiredness and "wobbliness". I'm not trying to make a diagnosis, just the point that there are things that fit that description so don't immediately assume she's crying wolf.
    thats the thing i dont assume she's cryin wolf but after 6 months of the same complaints you just get to the point where u start to wonder whether she is actually ill or not.i have tried to suggest that maybe she stayed in once in a while!im run out of ideas!!
    I've got a friend who does exactly the same, but she always blames her illnesses on stress! It's always glandular fever, and there's always something depressing going on in her life (although i think she makes half of it up). i'll admit i'm not usually one to put up with over exaggerations but in this case you just have to, otherwise you risk making yourself look like the bad guy! my advice is don't live with her next year!!!
    Perma-hangover?
    The fact that she always feels crappy and doctors can't find anything wrong doesn't necessarily point to her making things up, but the fact she magically seems to recover in time to go out at night does!

I'm always ill too, and until recently the doctors couldn't find anything major wrong, but i haven't been out a night in months, cause i'm just too wiped out. the couple of times i tried i came home early, and was tucked up in my bed by 11, or vegged out in front of my TV, or here.
    Maybe she is getting the 'wobbly' symptoms because uni is stressing her out and she can't cope with it?
    When you're stressed it can be easy to feel generally ill... well stress is an illness so it could just be her being stressed... if that makes sense :confused:
    i get little "spack outs" my mum and bf put it down to me not eating properly and not getting the right vitimans but when it happens to me i feel wobbly and sorta like im in my own little world sometimes it freaks me out and then il have an asthma attack which makes it ten times worse it can last sometimes for up to an hour, my bf always gives me something sugery in case its that and sometimes it does make me feel better no idea really though what the true cause of it is.