Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Light Period=pregnancy???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey
I know I've already posted this on the Sex board so please don't shout at me for double posting.

My first period since losing my virginity has been mega light. It was bang on time, but it's so light and on-off that it's almost not there. I've never had unprotected sex but I guess there is a chance that some sperm could have found it's way to that area somehow (fingering, etc).

On the other hand, I've been so paranoid and stressed about getting pregnant ever since having sex- could this stressing have affected my period? Also I was ill last week, with a temperature and headache, which could have affected it, right?

I don't know if I should be seriously worried or if I'm just trying to talk myself into believing that I can't be pregnant. My period isn't absent, it's just abnormal for me but I have got slight period cramps, even though my period is barely even there.

I don't know what to think and it's Sunday so I can't do anything but wait until tomorrow and then go and get a pregnancy test to make sure.

God, I'm so stressed. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A light period is still caused by ovulation so I'm 99% sure you're absolutely fine - especially since you've not had unprotected sex.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    If you are really worried then get a pg test. However, when I first started the pill my periods went slightly wonky and then settled down and were 10 times lighter than they were before taking the pill. So yes, I seriously doubt that you are pg.
    stress can have a major impact on periods. sometimes mine go completely if i get too stressed out.
    Hey, thanks guys.

The reason I don't think it's my pill is because I've never taken it before. The nurse at the Brook Clinic told me to start taking it on the first day of my next period (i.e. this weird one). But I wasn't sure even whether I should start taking it cos my period was so strange I wasn't even sure it was my true period. So this weirdness had occurred even before I'd ever taken a pill.

I'm hoping it's just the stress of being paranoid about getting pregnant and/or being ill.

Anyway, thanks for you help :)
    don't stress happened to me and every other girl i know, when you start the pill it just confuses you, it's hard to belive that you can have sex without a condom and not get pregnant. the pill does affect your period no matter if you've had sex or not, wouldn't worry but i know how stressful it is when you think you might be pregnant so take a test, but honestly there's nothing to worry about and the pill will not allow you to get pregnant, believe me, as long as you take it properly.
    It will be the fact that your stressed and your worried about being pregnant! try and relax :)
    The answer will still be the same, no matter how many forums you ask it in.

refer to my answer in sex.
    I was sort of hoping that people who read the Health forum might be a little less dismissive than people who read the Sex forum (I was right, incidentally).

Anyway, no worries, I'm not pregnant, everything is sorted.

Thanks to everyone who gave helpful advice :)
    If you thought health would be less dissmissive, only ask in health.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    If you thought health would be less dissmissive, only ask in health.

:rolleyes: