Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

First time...guys and girls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
for the girls: hey! yes i know it will most likely hurt but how much really?? my friend said the pain was unbearable and she cried when another said she didnt feel anything. they both bled though. is the pain bearable??? could you maybe compare it to something? or 1-10 pain factor (even though its different for people). im scared of how it would be for me because im having problems with using even a tampon!

for the guys: is it true that evn though the girl is a virgin you will still have your orgasm.....since she is also tight and all it might be extra good..???haha :cool:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sex

um yeah, My first time wasn't bad. As many people will say to you as long as you are ready and have had plenty of foreplay. So mine hurt a little bit but with breathing and slow motion at first things jumped into a wonderful feeling quite quickly. As for a scale to on one to ten I'd say 5 can be nice and painful just depends on how you manage the task at first.

Goodluck :wave:

SexyCandi04
    i didnt experiene any pain or bleeding,
    Mel-H wrote:
    i didnt experiene any pain or bleeding,
    I'm the opposite. No bleeding, but it hurt like hell. Ditto sister.

Depends on the person regarding extent of the pain.

ETA: also, you will find that once you've had sex, tampons will be a doddle, 'cause of your now broken hymen :yes:
    A large majority of girls have no hymen when they lose their virginity, as it has already been broken by playing sport, etc.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I was fine. It wasn't that great as far as sex goes (in fact it was shit) but it didn't hurt and I didn't bleed at all.
    didnt hurt me.
    it depends on a lot of things. if you take it slowely, it should hurt less. having said that though, not all women experience pain the first time; i mean, it hurt me; but it could just have been because i was very young and forced into it. you need to take time to explore each others bodies and get fully aroused before trying penetration. different people have different tolerances for pain, but i'd think you could ease that by making sure you are fully aroused, that you're lubricated enough. try focusing on touching and kissing to increase arousal. take it slow. talk to your partner about what feels good. and don't forget the lube. and you should find that minimises pain... if any... :)
    It hurt me quite alot, but i think that was just the fact that he was quite huge and i probably wasnt as turned on as i should have been.
    More like a pain of pressure.
    Just take it slow, should be fine!
    could you compare the pain to anything? like my friend said it feels like the tampon in for the first time just, of course, bigger
    could you compare the pain to anything? like my friend said it feels like the tampon in for the first time just, of course, bigger
    Not really, because I don't remember it that much, just that it hurt a lot. And that it was sore afterwards. And that it didn't stop hurting (although not as much) until the 4th/5th time.
    u cant really make a comaprison as it is different for everyone, if u keep worrying about wether it will hurt or not, it will as ur telling urself it will. just relax and as ppl have said make sure u have plenty of foreplay and enjoy urself thats what sex is for. good luck x
    Well, my first time hurt pretty bad, but it wasn't unbearable. I made him sit there while I breathed and tried to relax my inside muscles.... after that he was able to move a little bit ... it was tender but not painful once I relaxed my muscles.

So bascially, do like everyone said and make sure your turned on enough, it'd probably help to use lubricant (but remember to use water-based (?) lube if your using a latex condom), and try to relax. (deep breathing helps)

:)
    i didn't bleed, but it hurt quite a lot! :no:

it seems to vary a lot from person to person, hopefully you'll be a lucky one!

by the way, my other few times after that it still hurt, but not as much.
    My first time hurt and i'm a man, lol!

how did it hurt you??
    My first time hurt and i'm a man, lol!

you? you're only a wee boy!
    My first time wasn't the best but it didn't hurt! Just make sure you don't rush, foreplay is a very important part and without it it's bound to hurt as it still does for me even now!
    My first time was around 7 on the pain scale but I was extremely nervous. (Coming to think of it, sex is still painful, I should probably get that checked out...) No blood, which upset my archaic then-boyfriend cause he thought that meant I wasn't a virgin after all. :rolleyes: I remember crying afterwards but again that was down to nerves.
    Don't worry about it, cause that only makes it worse, and even if it does hurt then it won't be for long. Good luck :)
    My first time hurt like hell for about the first thirty seconds, then it was absoloutely fine. And I didn't bleed. If you're relaxed and stuff then there shouldn't be too much of a problem, be prepred for a bit of pain near the beginning perhaps, but if you're really worried about pain all the way through then you'll tense up and its more likely to hurt anyway. Tampons aren't a good judge because I've been having sex for five years and I still can't use the bloody things!
    I didn't hurt at all. Nothing.

But I was so pissed, and alcohol numbs pain so maybe it did hurt and I couldn't feel it?

I don't know,but it was good :thumb:
    foreplay and KYjelly are your friends...i told my boyf not to even think putting it anywhere near me til id had an orgasm....it did hurt a little but not too bad...i was mega suprised it hurt the second time though! didnt realise it took a while to stretch!
    Dont forget the condoms! :thumb:
    If you're comfortable with your partner, you should feel able to tell each other if you are in pain/need to stop for a while etc. Spend time with each other making sure you are ready - check out this article, too:
    Am I ready for sex?
    I didn't bleed and it didn't hurt, it just felt kind of 'uncomfortable' down there.
    I think it all depends on what you have been doing beforehand, not to sound crude but if you are used to your boyfriend fingering you quite a bit and are turned on enough when it actually happens i would imagine it would hurt a lot less than if you wasn't used to any kind of stimulation down there, and weren't as well lubricated.
    the first time we tried I totally tensed up and he couldnt get in

The second time I had half a bottle of wine and actually said 'did we manage it' felt absolutely nothing!

Phoenix
    my first time was more uncomfortable but I think that it was because I wasn't ready for it and wasn't relaxed. I had heard that it hurt a lot the first time and that bleeding is common and so I was also scared about that. I didnt bleed or have any pain though. Just make sure your ready because you dont want to regret it.
    I guess everyone's different! My first time hurt a lot and I bled. It still hurts now if it's been a couple of months since I last did it. If it does hurt, just don't let it put you off. I did and it meant my first time was my last time for about 3 years!