Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Darkness

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fuck you, Stairway to Heaven is a classic.

Yes it's a classic, and currently on my mp3 player.

Still a cliche though...
    Fair enough...

The best thing about that song though, is my memory of my dad sat in his car outside a restaurant having to stay to listen to the end of the guitar solo, then going "orgasmic!"...disturbing, yet funny and also true :p
    Oh God. I have visions of myself as "sad Dad" now.

I do that, to an extent.
    Ah no, my dad is cool. He got me into Led Zep, Hendrix, Cream, Van Morrison, Janis Joplin...the list is endless!
    Don't be stupid.

They are Queen wannabies.

Don't forget Thin Lizzy...
    Ah no, my dad is cool. He got me into Led Zep, Hendrix, Cream, Van Morrison, Janis Joplin...the list is endless!

Wish my son would listen to my tastes like that.

I fucking hate 50 Cent...
    Wish my son would listen to my tastes like that.

I fucking hate 50 Cent...
    Eugh...not good :| my twin sister listens to shit like that :yuck:
    Tommy_C wrote:
    Stairway too heaven is still a classic song, why would they hate it? I heard it took Jimmy Page a year to write and then Robert planter came up with the lyrics in just 45 mins while he was mashed.
    I think they hate it for the same reason that Nivarna hated Smells Like Teen Spirit - too overplayed and the band became known for that song alone when they'd made some much better ones.

A bit like Lit...
    The Darkness were a bit of fun last year, I enjoyed the album plus they helped get rock back into mainstrem music. Wheather they can follow it up or not remains to be seen.

Led Zep rock, its as simple as that. Got most the albums, Song Remains the Same vid and have read quite a lot into the bands history. A band you will enjoy all through your lifetime and will alway dip back into just like Pink Floyd, but dont get me started there!!

Was interesting watching the Band Aid documentary recently. Phil Collins played with a reformed Led Zep replacing John Bohnham who died after suppin to much ale and chokin on his own vomit. Phil 'Su-su-sudio' was a bit knackered what after performing in the UK and then flying on Concorde to perform at the US event just a few hours later that he fooked it all up and the set was a bit shite. Plant, Page and Jones are so embaressed by it that they refused it to be allowed onto the new Band Aid DVD and Donated a shed load of money to the charity instead. Probably Collins fault that they may never reform.
    *Bonham :p

Have you read Stairway To Heaven: Led Zeppelin Uncensored by Richard Cole? 'Tis good...
    I personally hink Stairway is overrated. Great song, but not their best.

If we are talking ballads then 'Thank You' on LZ2 is their best.

But as for pure rocking then you cant go wrong with Heartbreaker.

Led Zep II is their best and most consistant album.
    Heartbreaker :heart:

I don't have Led Zeppelin II...must get that...*emails father*
    Get it immediately, its probably their most influential album.
    That'll be what I get on Monday then...
    Bonzo was the man, Moby Dick is unbelieveable. Have you ever heard anyone give the old pots and pans a workout like that fella!
    TheCure wrote:
    Bonzo was the man, Moby Dick is unbelieveable. Have you ever heard anyone give the old pots and pans a workout like that fella!
    Nuh uh, although Toad by Cream comes close...

I watched Moby Dick on the DVD...and I was stunned by how fast his arms were moving :|