Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Glstonbury 2005

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone, newbie here (I could of posted on newbie thread, but wanted to start new topic)

Is anyone planning on going to Glastonbury this year. I have been the last 2 years and it has been the highlight of my year both times. (I know there is the whole debate about it being too commercial now and shit and stuff)

I had my first E at Glastonbury 2003 and it was one of the best nights ever. I had always wanted to try it but never felt comfortable enough to do it (plus all the scaremongering in the papers). Then was at Glasto with my mates and it felt the right time to try it. After about 5 duds, I had a goodie and it was an amazing experience. The best thing about it is the first rush when your whole body tingles. The best thing was watching 'Jackass: The Movie' on a huge screen whilst whizzing off my tits.

Last year, got through about 25 pills, but by the last night, they didn't seem to be having much effect. Is this generally the case if you do them for a few nights in a row?, as I don't do them regularly?

Also had a wicked night last year, (at glasto) when there were about 10 of us doing it, and we were all coming up at the same time, standing in a circle, all looking at each other knowingly.

Anyway, sorry if it is a bit rambling, but I am not competely sober at the moment. I have also started doing coke recently (only once or twice a month on a night out), what are peoples thoughts on coke?

Keep it real :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah i hope i can afford it this year, price hikes every year :mad: , wanna go on hols as well so budget is looking stretched.......went in 2002 and last year, both times pretty special, i wouldn't say it's that commercial, not compared to the V festival in Chelmsford anyways........never done E there tho just smoked, i spose it could be fun i guess i don't have the faith for it.........lol you did 25 pills in 3 days? no wonder they didnt have much effect at the end, i would've died.....dunno bout coke at a festival tho, the high is pretty short for the cost but whatever floats your boat........you must be spending more on the drugs than the ticket, hey if you got spare cash floating around throw some my way........ :thumb:

p.s. not for me but some of my mates were sniffing ether the whole time and loved it, you might like to try that......responsibly, of course ;)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I'm going to try and blag it this year.
    Weekender Offender 
    I went to glastonbury once I did so many drugs I didnt' leave the tent all weekend really - i'm quite glad I didn't pay to get in - but now they are super strict on getting in and stuff I dont' think i'd bother going again.
    yeah it's nearly impossible to blag your way in now, i haven't heard of anyone who's managed it recently, it's like the great wall of china and you can't even dig under it.........and unless you live round there it's a long trip back, you can't even get tickets off touts these days cos you have to bring proof of i.d. that your name is the one on the ticket, they've got it on lockdown.........i have to admit it's less about the free spirit and music these days than it is about squeezing every last drop out of the customer, the very first glasto they were all rolling around in the mud naked, lol..........though they claim they had to do all this to renew their license because of complaints in previous years, i dunno.......still when you're in there its quite cool, most ppl are dead friendly and there is a sense of unity..........it's a far cry from the outside world.........
    apollo_69 wrote:
    yeah it's nearly impossible to blag your way in now,

Which is why I want to try.
    apollo_69 wrote:
    i haven't heard of anyone who's managed it recently, it's like the great wall of china and you can't even dig under it.........and unless you live round there it's a long trip back

What you need is some sort of scheme - not just a simple jump the fence and give it legs.

And I don't live very far away at all.
    Weekender Offender 
    lol, fair play to you, it ain't that risky if you live close by.........what scheme did you have in mind? maybe you can find somone on the inside, bribe one of the guards? that's the only way i can figure............or get one of ur mates to pay, then once he has the band on come back out and get someone to sew you a copy.........or get there well in advance before the wall is even up, and hide out, but these are all long......in the end its less hassle to pay, if you do manage it let us know how won't you?......there is another way actually, some people i know actually run a food stall there and get in for free, you could stowaway in one of those mobile thingies........
    apollo_69 wrote:
    lol, fair play to you, it ain't that risky if you live close by.........what scheme did you have in mind?

Maybe pretending I'm someone I'm not - I think that would be the most amusing way - St John Ambulance, Security, technician etc.
    apollo_69 wrote:
    in the end its less hassle to pay

But is it as fun? :D
    Weekender Offender 
    J wrote:
    I thought the organiser had cancelled it this year to allow the community a break?

thats next year to the best of my knowledge...i suppose it wud be annoying having 100,000 noisy revellers descend onto your peaceful wee village...ah well as if we care if we're annoying them or not.