Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

mechanics voted happiest workers!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
erm no....it was hairdressers,but i,m happy because i changed my job...and i love it!!
i am a mechanic and like my job,but got pissed off with the company i worked for...so i went to another company and things are much better!
my point is,you can easily get stuck in a rut and it takes a long time for you to realise that.
is anyone else in a rut?...if so? what you going to do about it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it was hairdressers lmfao even though they get paid PROPER SHITE wages but :yes:

we're on the earth for a good time not a long time :thumb:
    :thumb:
    it was hairdressers lmfao even though they get paid PROPER SHITE wages but :yes:

we're on the earth for a good time not a long time :thumb:
    I'm suprised it wasn't mechanics, it must be good to charge extortionate proces for minimal work.
    I notice social workers were at the bottom! :(

I guess I am stuck in a rut, been at Tesco doing the same thing for 3 years now (only part time I'd like to add) but, I'm not complaining. Pays the bills.
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm suprised it wasn't mechanics, it must be good to charge extortionate proces for minimal work.
    bollocks!...we are not all like that!
    I've changed jobs a fair bit. The one that I'm in now will hopefully last a bit longer than the others lately. I wouldn't say that I'm in a rut now but I definitely have felt like that when I've been depressed in my jobs.
    social workers were at the bottom
    i guess, it would be hard to keep your chin up, be happy, and think of the world as a "lovey-dovy" place... if you were coming across all the shit they come across each working day... guess, a lot of social workers are overworked and the job is very emotionally demanding... to make social workers "happy" generally :yes:
    otter wrote:
    i guess, it would be hard to keep your chin up, be happy, and think of the world as a "lovey-dovy" place... if you were coming across all the shit they come across each working day... guess, a lot of social workers are overworked and the job is very emotionally demanding... to make social workers "happy" generally :yes:

yeh i think it's pretty awful to think these people are doing such a good job (well, most of them!) and they're unhappy and a lot of the time, their work goes un-noticed. but, that's life i guess.
    :yes:
    Social workers have such low morale because they're underpaid, undervalued, understaffed and managed by morons.

I have a friend who works in the serious child protectioon team, and all the good work gioes unnoticed because the parents don't appreciate it (oddly enough), the child doesn't and if anything goes wrong the press can't wait to trwist the knife.