Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

medical ecstacy.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
have lost the friggin link now ...think it was fridays Guardian ...mdma in trials for stress anxiety relief ...especialy in severe cases of the military coming back with mashed heads full of horror.
alcohilsm and addiction ...
thing is there is nothing new in this ...it was being used this way just after the first world war with great sucsess and again as recently as in the late seventies by the american institute of psychiatrists.
but ...it's all new again now for the masses ...MDMA may have medical use!
SOME OF US ALREADY KNOW THIS ...

Comments

• Options
    coming back with mashed heads full of horror
    +
    MDMA
    :chin: - i might have a use for it :yes:
  • Options
    MDMA on perscripsion :thumb: :D :shocking:
  • Options
    MDMA on perscripsion :thumb: :D :shocking:
    at the moment only in theraputic sessions.
  • Options
    How are they doing this? Is it in the UK?

I can't see how they could do this in the UK, its legal status says it has no medical use so it would be nigh on impossible to get permission to do this.

Its good news though, before the ban in the US there was quite a bit of research on its use in this setting.

Even the UN suggested its use for mental health treatment should be investigated when it included it in the UN Treaty on Narcotic Drugs.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Article from Thursday's Guardian here.
  • Options
    well this is topical for me personally... my name's alex.. i was recently sectioned under s.3 mental health act for having paranoid skitozphrenia.. iheard voices, hated watching live TV cos i knew people were looking at me... since may ive been mentally weak, couldn't look people in the eye without a weak little pissy smile, weak weak weak. trauma, i had two black guys threaten to kill me for being 'so full of it' so i changed as you do, and became weak, everyting was weak.

i lve in Glouceseter in the south west england, saturday nite i poppd down to bristol for a random nite out i felt like it.. not far, but drugs are plentiful in the bigger cities, anyway i scored 2 pills in Lakota, couldn't see the brand, white unscored stack could be a Batman? did two together and FELT hugely myself again, love for myself and love for others...

tho no-one would even ever consider using MDMA for someone in my position it fucking healed me (i dont swear much btw). but i feel myself again, after around 8 months of weakness...

i sincerely hope these tests go well (they will!! innit roll, i guaretnee they will go well) and that MDMA can be understood and utilised for people who are depressed, afraid, full of hatred..

its a great chemical..
  • Options
    usa spain and a couple of other places.
    if you know the history of mdma ...you will know that just after the first world war they were using it theraputicaly and also through the sixties and seventies ...in controlled counselling sessions on the couch etc.
    with fantastic results.
    it was being sucsessfully used for relationship problems (marriage guidance) depression ...anxiety and a host of other things then came big usa government and stopped it all ...the american psyciatrists who used this drug as treatment for years were up in arms ...but they were ignored.
    using mdma therapueticly is not new ...they are talking bullshit as usual.
  • Options
    Rolly, I dont think they would have been using after the First World War, it was invented by Merk in 1912 and was first tested as a heart medicine.

It wasnt untill quite a bit later that it was experimented on as a possible aid to therapy.

Most of the tests where done in the US in the late 60's and 70's before it was banned there.
  • Options
    The Sovreign, they are talking about using MDMA under controlled conditions for depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder for soldiers. Thats all. You can pretty much guarantee that they won't be using it to treat schizophrenia anytime in the near future because there isn't enough known about brain chemistry and it isn't likely to alleviate symptoms. Keep in mind that there is a comedown, it could be nasty.

What you are doing is very risky, particularly if you taking medication to control your symptoms, and wouldn't be condoned by any health professional. Please do be careful with this.
  • Options
    Indeed, drugs such as Welbutrin are well known to interact badly with virtually every other drug.
  • Options
    most illegal drugs, tend to have some positive uses

like loads of prescription drugs can be abused for 'pleasure'
  • Options
    most illegal drugs, tend to have some positive uses

like loads of prescription drugs can be abused for 'pleasure'

I'd disagree with that on both counts.

Some illegal drugs has some uses which can be useful to some people, some of the time. But very few have theraputic uses really.

And most prescription drugs have no abuse potential at all.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I'd disagree with that on both counts.

Some illegal drugs has some uses which can be useful to some people, some of the time. But very few have theraputic uses really.

And most prescription drugs have no abuse potential at all.
    rubbish!
    people abuse valium and any other downers ...people abuse all opiates.
    people abuse all stimulants and most stimulants are used in medicine including coke and amphetamines.
    illegal drugs as in stimulants and opiates and cannabis ...have massive medical use.
  • Options
    usa spain and a couple of other places.
    if you know the history of mdma ...you will know that just after the first world war they were using it theraputicaly and also through the sixties and seventies ...in controlled counselling sessions on the couch etc.
    with fantastic results.
    it was being sucsessfully used for relationship problems (marriage guidance) depression ...anxiety and a host of other things then came big usa government and stopped it all ...the american psyciatrists who used this drug as treatment for years were up in arms ...but they were ignored.
    using mdma therapueticly is not new ...they are talking bullshit as usual.
    sounds very intresting....
  • Options
    it is but ...but ... dropping a couple of pills and going clubbing ...or dropping a couple and talking to yourself on the couch don't count as theraputic use.
  • Options

Nicholas Saunders, in his book E is for Ecstacy, has a chapter on the History of Ecstacy that you may find interesting reading then Trinity...
  • Options
    it is but ...but ... dropping a couple of pills and going clubbing ...or dropping a couple and talking to yourself on the couch don't count as theraputic use.
    and I couldn't agree more Mr Roll.
  • Options
    thus why i don't take MDMA right now. But this could really help people (like me) who have anxiety problems, if only they would actually legalise it.
  • Options
    thus why i don't take MDMA right now. But this could really help people (like me) who have anxiety problems, if only they would actually legalise it.
    your in spain yes ...why not enquire about becoming a volunteer in these trials?
  • Options
    rubbish!
    people abuse valium and any other downers ...people abuse all opiates.
    people abuse all stimulants and most stimulants are used in medicine including coke and amphetamines.
    illegal drugs as in stimulants and opiates and cannabis ...have massive medical use.

You will note I said MOST prescription drugs have no abuse potential, whats the most widely prescribed things, antibiotics, anti inflamatories, heart medicines.....etc. All with NO abuse potential at ALL.

And yes, some illegal drugs have medical use, but that wasnt really what I was saying, the thread specifically is about theraputic use, cocaine and opium do NOT have theraputic use.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    cocaine and opium do NOT have theraputic use.
    rubbish!
    have you ever burgled a chemists shop?
  • Options
    rubbish!
    have you ever burgled a chemists shop?

You know what I mean. Read a bit about Freud's early experiments with cocaine therapy and see what happened.
  • Options
    might, there is also this new implant that acts like prozac but only stimulates the parts of the brain that produce sertonin and something else.....but i'll look into it. means going to a shrink though.....:S
  • Options
    might, there is also this new implant that acts like prozac but only stimulates the parts of the brain that produce sertonin and something else.....but i'll look into it. means going to a shrink though.....:S
    imfuckingplants!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh my gord ...and thats legal?