Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Update kinda thing + question kinda thing..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
.. for anyone who wishes to know. Finally went back to see a different doctor at my practice today and she was really good. I just sat down and said "I came to see Dr.___ a few months ago about not feeling very good and self-harming, but without meaning to be rude he made me uncomfortable" and she really listened to me. She's prescribed me 20mg cipramil a day and I've gotta go back in 3 weeks. She gave me info on the AICH counselling service and I've already contacted them. She says they'll prolly refer to a psychologist as I'm a bit of a risk to myself but to start there.Am really chuffed with myself and wanted to share. Also, cipramil? Any experiences? Thanks, Kirsty xXx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well done, Kirsty :). That's really good :) go you and stuff :)
    Also, cipramil? Any experiences?

Me and it got on really well. it was the only one that actually made a difference, and that didn't make me into a total nutcase.

i only had one real side effect - i could sleep for england. i mean REALLY. and fall asleep absolutely anywhere.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    .. for anyone who wishes to know. Finally went back to see a different doctor at my practice today and she was really good. I just sat down and said "I came to see Dr.___ a few months ago about not feeling very good and self-harming, but without meaning to be rude he made me uncomfortable" and she really listened to me. She's prescribed me 20mg cipramil a day and I've gotta go back in 3 weeks. She gave me info on the AICH counselling service and I've already contacted them. She says they'll prolly refer to a psychologist as I'm a bit of a risk to myself but to start there.Am really chuffed with myself and wanted to share. Also, cipramil? Any experiences? Thanks, Kirsty xXx

Well done Kirsty. Really proud of you hunny :)
    kaffrin wrote:
    Me and it got on really well. it was the only one that actually made a difference, and that didn't make me into a total nutcase.

i only had one real side effect - i could sleep for england. i mean REALLY. and fall asleep absolutely anywhere.
    man i'd love it to make me sleep :D
    Thanks to you's I'm really proud of myself.
    man i'd love it to make me sleep :D

i sleep lots at the best of times, but i was literally sleeping 20 hours at day, some days. and i'd talk shit in my sleep, and as i was falling to sleep. heh. it wasn't bad. nice to get a rest and that.

good luck with everything. getting better is really, really worth it.
    man you're lucky! I get 6 hours a night on a good one. A bad nights normally about 2. Ah well I prolly won't feel anything side effecty for at least a few days.And thanks:)
    Nice one. :thumb:
    . to share. Also, cipramil? Any experiences?

I had a mouth like the Sahara and was pretty drowsy for the first few weeks or so. Nothing major.
    it made me feel really sick for the first few months but the dr said keep going as it could do that, its all good after those first months.plus it made me loose weight as i couldnt eat which is always a good thing, shame i put it all back on again!!l :chin:
    Thanks, Doesn't sound to bad. Last ones I was were Effexor XL. They sent me cuckoo..er.
    Eeek. It's been about 4 days and I am exhausted all the time. Have only missed one lesson though. And I'm a bit loopy. And trembley. But hey it's the start of progression. There's one thing confusing me. Can a doctor refer you to a psychologist? because my doctor said/strongly implied that a counsellor had to do that. I'm still waiting for a response from the counselling service.
    well done! and straylight tomorrow!
    I don't know your whole situation but from what I read in this thread, I just wanted to add some more support, cause that is a really brave thing that you've done... takes guts. Very proud feeling, I'm sure you have of yourself. Hope things work out for ya, as I can only imagine what you're going through at the moment.

Take it easy.

xXx
    well done :)
    Thanks to everyone, I really needed that. Today its all starting to feel too much.
    There will be ups and downs along the way.

Im not sure who can refer you to who but my shrink was the one that referred me to a psychologist. But my gp says that will take to long and put me back with my counseller.
    Hang in there - I never had any probs with Cipramil actually although after a couple of months it stopped helping. I've been told that anti-depressants won't work in my case for various reasons, though, so don't read too much into that I'm just adding my tuppence worth.

Congrats with everything so far and don't forget to try to focus on what you've achieved and try not to panic if you hit a bad day. We all have them. :)

x