Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Has Blair blown it

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think Tony Blair has finally shown his true colours, they are as blue as Maggie Thatcher's.

I believe his dealing with the fuel protesters has shown him out of touch with the populace and I will not be voting for him again.

Your views are as always very welcome!!

Comments

• Options
    I don't like new labour much, but I wouldn't say that they were as bad as Maggie Thatcher the milk snatcher.
    Maggie Thatcher was totally right wing and totally fascist, she was a Europhobe and more manly than William Hague.
    New Labour are at least for gay, women and minority rights. Apart from that they have become a clone of the Conservative party, but they'll probably be elected again because they have so many seats.

IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS THE WORD...
  • Options
    I reckon Labour are nearly as bad as the Tories, which leads to an awkward question for me.
    The next general election will be the first I'm old enough to vote in - but is there any real choice any more?
    I can see why people resort to direct action when our polititians are so hopeless.
  • Options
  • Options
    Piss off.
  • Options
    Seren wrote:
    I reckon Labour are nearly as bad as the Tories, which leads to an awkward question for me.
    The next general election will be the first I'm old enough to vote in - but is there any real choice any more?
    I can see why people resort to direct action when our polititians are so hopeless.

There's no real choice for a sane person as far as voting for a party whose policies you agree with goes. The sad truth is that the government ends up pandering to the ignorant majority of the UK.

I'd vote Lib Dem if i thought that it'd do any good.

I usually go spoil a ballot. It shows your willingness to turn up and vote if there was something on the table worth voting for.
  • Options
    Talk about dragging up dead threads.

This one is four and a half years old. FFS.
  • Options
    And doesn't look that interesting to begin with...
This discussion has been closed.