Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ethnic minority kids doing better at school now

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4294663.stm

its not racial prejudice its poverty that lowers performance

strange they dont say how south asian students and chinese students get better exam results than white people, in general their culture promotes hard work and effort into exams

however if i said this for black students erm id be called racist - not my fault i only know one black person from my old school who made it to university

i know it doesnt blame racial prejudice but it does talk as if everyone else is to blame cause someones lazy - i just dont see point of compiling these statistics

Comments

• Options
    Dude, punctuate!
  • Options
    Dude, punctuate!
    :thumb:
  • Options
    Dude, punctuate!

And capitalise.
  • Options
    And capitalise.
    :thumb:
  • Options
    Dude, punctuate!

grammar is for cowards :p
  • Options
    grammar is for cowards :p

No grammar is for people who actually care about delivering their message in the best way possible.
  • Options
    No grammar is for people who actually care about delivering their message in the best way possible.

I am defeated. ;)
  • Options
    well in this article for example http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3465135.stm

it doesnt mention that indian and chinese students outdo english students, or that black girls outdo white boys......

how the hell can you makes lessons more 'ethnic' friendly????
  • Options
    i fink your wrong m8.

;):p
  • Options
    well in this article for example http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3465135.stm

it doesnt mention that indian and chinese students outdo english students, or that black girls outdo white boys......

how the hell can you makes lessons more 'ethnic' friendly????
    by not harping on about why christianity is so great! i don't need to know.....yet even though my theory teacher can see the great big pentacle around my neck, he still wants to try and "convert" me in his own little way. CoE schools arn't that bad in that sense.
  • Options
    Interesting to see reports today that several Christian schools were trying to introduce corporal punishemtn as it was part of their religious message .

They were defeated in the courts.

Apparently they wanted to be able to smack their kids with canes then encourage them to pray!!

Isn't religious education wonderful?
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Interesting to see reports today that several Christian schools were trying to introduce corporal punishemtn as it was part of their religious message .

They were defeated in the courts.

Apparently they wanted to be able to smack their kids with canes then encourage them to pray!!

Isn't religious education wonderful?

This on the basis of a passage in the Bible which reads something like "Spare the rod and harm the son" - which clearly means that you have to beat them, rather than meaning that you need rules and discipline which don't involve voilence... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Indeed, if that scholl was my nearest school I would not be pleased if I had children.

Even though they didn't get it through I would be rather disturbed to know that I was sending my child everyday to place where there are adults who want to hit my child, wouldn't you?
  • Options
    Yes.

That's my job ;)
  • Options
    Classy
  • Options
    Religious schools should be eradicated from the face of the earth. Unless it is clear they won't be brainwashing the children (fat chance...).