Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Can you help me plan my trip?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello... Hows it going? Good I hope...
I was just looking for a bit of advice really... I have managed to wangle a 9 month career break from work (woo-hoo!) But am a bit daunted by the whole prospect (i know as problems go it is hardly gonna force the Middle East out of the 6 o'clock news)

My plan was to do some teaching come charity work and some travelling - anyone got any good suggestions ideas?

Everywhere seems to want you to pay £2000 to do voluntary work which is not really what I had in mind - would I be better just winging it? But I don't wanna end up just backpacking and bumming around the whole time.

Nothing wrong with that but I had big ideas for this trip! I would like to get the charidee mate elenent out of the way first! (does that sound bad?!) Just because If i start having too much fun I will never get round to doing it... I know what I am like...

I am free to go at the end of April - so need to get my skates on...

Any help would be cool

Ta SEan

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lucky guy.

What's your budget?

Are there any areas you specifically want to go to?

Some voluntary organisations that don't charge you thousands include UNA Exchange and Concordia
    Thabks for that will check out those links.... Not sure exactly on budget how much do you think I will need for nine months? I don't want to really really slum it but don't wanna go too over the top....
    Places I would like to go... hmmmmm well I know I wanna end up in Australia for two moths say December and Jan.... If I was to do teaching I would love to go to Japan...
    Charity stuff was thinking Africa... am flexible really...
    Hiya
    There are loads of useful links for you in this article - especially the last one about worldwide volunteering.

Also this article on volunteering overseas may help.

Finally, check out do-it's helpful tips on how to volunteer overseas.

Good luck!
    Cheers for that will check the out now!

Has anyone used Madventurer? Are they any good seems expensive but has the right mix of what I would ideally like Ie bit of building/teaching/football sports etc...

This is much more confusing then you would think!!!!

Thanks for your help and keep any hints and tips coming it's all good stuff!