Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Scratched a mole

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Earlier today I scratched a mole on the palm of my hand, just below my index finger. It didn't hurt initially, in fact I don't even know when exactly it happened, but about an hour ago it started hurting and the skin beneath the mole swoll up slightly.

I've heard it's not a good idea to damage moles like this, but why exactly is this and should I be worried?

Comments

• Options
    You shouldn't really play around with moles. If it's annoying, you can get it removed. I can't say I've ever seen a mole on the palm before...
  • Options
    Off topic slightyly, but isn't a mole or freckle on the palm of your hand the sign of the Devil? :confused:
  • Options
    It's never irritated me in at all and it doesn't get in the way because it's flat on the surface of my skin. It's not on the palm proper, more right on the edge, just below the start of my index finger.

It hasn't bled or anything but I can see a little tear in the skin covering it, so I've worn a plaster over it today. It still hurts as well, but not as bad as last night.
  • Options
    Off topic slightyly, but isn't a mole or freckle on the palm of your hand the sign of the Devil? :confused:
    yes it is.

We need to find Tim's moles and prick needles in them. If they don't bleed he's a follower of the devil... a heretic witch! :mad:
  • Options
    Prick me not foul wench! For I be no witch nor sorcerer!