Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Does anyone have any knowledge of research methods and statistics in psychology?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Wrong forum I know, but all this bollocks is pissing me off.

If anyone has any knowledge (specifically tests on ordinal [related data] level; Wilcoxon T signed ranks test), I'd be mucho grateful if you could let me know and I'll drop a PM or something? S'only a small query, not going to require any working out or anything, but yeah.. :thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I do AS psychology and just completed the research methods topic....will that be sufficient?
  • Options
    Amateurs! :razz:

Nah sorry mate, though cheers for the offer
  • Options
    Ok, I've just been up into the loft in my room to get all my psychology folders down and my super-good handout on statistical analysis is not in it :impissed:
    But
    I do have my big Cardwell textbook with me, and my Revision Express revision guide, so fire away and I might be able to help.

Is it for coursework? When I did mine I used the Mann-Whitney U test.
  • Options
    I'll send you a PM KHSS, cheers.
  • Options
    I hate that test, mind you, I hated most of psychology, so there you go
  • Options
    God love tests of significance. :yeees:

Is this coursework? If Knee-High can't help, send it this way and I'll probably confuse you further.
  • Options
    Smash wrote:
    God love tests of significance. :yeees:

Is this coursework? If Knee-High can't help, send it this way and I'll probably confuse you further.

I think that may be best...I used Mann-Whitney U test for mine, so I'm a bit muddled now.

My teacher used to call it the 'Mann Whitney-Uston test. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    My teacher used to call it the 'Mann Whitney-Uston test. :crazyeyes

Classy.

I couldn't actually remember which one I used, (I don't tend to remember such pointless info, I was v.much of the mind that I would do it, and then promptly dump that memory store to never be needed again) but I just checked and I did indeed do the wilcoxon signed rank nonsense. Way and indeed hey.
  • Options
    Don't even talk about tests of significance to me, I'm doing a degree in psychology and I hate the bloody things, every time I think I have mastered one about 50 thousand different ones and different ways of doing existing ones seem to crop up! And don't even get me started on SPSS!
  • Options
    Lol I didn't know what level you was studying at Zoma:P
  • Options
    Don't even talk about tests of significance to me, I'm doing a degree in psychology and I hate the bloody things, every time I think I have mastered one about 50 thousand different ones and different ways of doing existing ones seem to crop up! And don't even get me started on SPSS!

LOL I know what you meanabout SPSS! :banghead:

Did you sort out the problem z0ma?