Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Quinoderm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've recently heard of this product called Quinoderm which is supposed to "get rid of spots instantly". They say you can see results from 2 weeks - 3months. I'm seriously considering getting some because it's not all that expensive either...

I just wondered has anyone used it? Did it work?
And also its says for acne... but i don't have acne I just sometimes get annoying spots... What do you think?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just had a look at the website, and they have two forumlas - one is for first time users, so bear that in mind if you're ordering, you wouldn't want to get the wrong one.

But if you're seriously thinking of giving the spots the old zap, it might be a good idea to talk to a pharmacist first, they know a lot about the active ingredients in them and what would be best for you

:)
    I would get the one for first time users...
    And i would talk to the pharmacist but their opening hours are totally inconvientient... They're shut before school, after school and at the weekend only open during school hours or when no-one actually would visit them.
    Fish_food wrote:
    I've recently heard of this product called Quinoderm which is supposed to "get rid of spots instantly". They say you can see results from 2 weeks - 3months. I just wondered has anyone used it? Did it work?
    Total waste of time, if you ask me. I used products for several years to deal with acne, all to no avail. Eventually, I went to see a dermatologist and was put on Roaccutane. Powerful stuff. I just say give Quinoderm a try, but don't hold your breath.
    Well, if you're on half term now, and you're not at school at the weekend, get off your arse and go.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    you're not at school at the weekend
    They don't open at the weekend... and yes i suppose i could make a trip down there tomorrow
    Could you possibly learn to use punctuation properly, because your previous post reads like they are open at the weekend.
    Fish_food wrote:
    They're shut before school, after school and at the weekend only open during school hours or when no-one actually would visit them.
    that's clear enough for me
    Because you wrote it... It should be

"They're shut before school, after school and at the weekend, and only open during school hours or when no-one actually would visit them."

Learn to use commas, they are your friends.
    Go down to see your GP and ask for some Zineryt, that'll do the trick.
    Go down to see your GP and ask for some Zineryt, that'll do the trick.
    Ok, my GP's kinda evil though haha... I'll look around tomorrow
    DO NOT use zineryt it is evil.
    PussyKatty wrote:
    DO NOT use zineryt it is evil.
    haha... what's it like?
    Horrible, makes your skin red and sore.

Just realised I have used quinoderm before. it's okay, but makes skin a bit sore, you only need to use a bit.
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Just realised I have used quinoderm before.
    do u reckon i should get the one 4 sensitive skin?
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Horrible, makes your skin red and sore.

Just realised I have used quinoderm before. it's okay, but makes skin a bit sore, you only need to use a bit.

It was fine for me, depends what your skin type in like, you must have sensitive skin or something.
    Zineryt's useless! Did absoloutly nothing for my skin, was like rubbing water on it.

Ask your GP for a steroid cream :thumb: They are the bees nee's :D

Or ask for Tetralysl (sp?), which is also very good, but unfortunatly I can't take anymore cos it screws up my pill :(
    :hyper: haha there are so many to choose from
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Fish_food wrote:
    :hyper: haha there are so many to choose from

Everyone's skin is different. Your best bet would be to go to your GP and ask them about all the different alternatives available to you. That way you will get a more informed opinion.

If you don't like your GP then why not go to a different one in the same practice? If not then you could always speak to your pharmacist and see what you can get over the counter. If you are that bothered then you will make a trip there in your lunch hour or even rush there after school. I would be surprised if they are closed at 4pm :|
    Sod it. Just get your self a healthy diet & some Clearasil.
    Sod it. Just get your self a healthy diet & some Clearasil.
    Damning clearsil... now that did spaz up my skin
    you can walk into any boots and speak to a pharmacist at any time they are open, you dont necessarily have to use the one that is closed at inconvinient times???
    Fish_food wrote:
    Damning clearsil... now that did spaz up my skin

Clearasil's far too mild to do any good for bad skin. Oxy is far better :thumb:
    you can walk into any boots and speak to a pharmacist at any time they are open, you dont necessarily have to use the one that is closed at inconvinient times???
    ooo yeh didn't think of that!
    You can use any pharmacy you like.

I find it odd that there is a pharmacy that isn't open all the hours it possibly can. Most are open when GPs surgerys are open at the very least.
    I use Clearasil pad-type things, and Clearasil cleanser for sensitive skin, and 'cause that dries my skin up, my dad so kindly went to Clinique and bought me "Clinique Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief" moisturiser, which is water-based, so doesn't make your skin oily (and it's really nice and makes me skin all soft, tis lovely :D)...if your skin isn't *too* bad, then it works quite well (or, it does when you do it twice a day like you're meant to...ooops). The only thing is that the moisturiser is stupidly expensive, and "large" to them is like everyone else's small tbh.

My main problem is my back and my chest though...I tried Tea Tree Body Wash, which worked for a bit, but now it's kinda given up on me :(
    My main problem is my back and my chest though...
    Yeh i have that prob too...
    Fish_food wrote:
    Yeh i have that prob too...
    To be fair, it doesn't look too bad. There are times when it looks awful, but mostly it looks relatively normal unless you look really closely. But when I run my hand over it it makes me want to be sick sometimes...it's so fucking damned bastarding greasy and horrible :(
    To be fair, it doesn't look too bad. There are times when it looks awful, but mostly it looks relatively normal unless you look really closely. But when I run my hand over it it makes me want to be sick sometimes...it's so fucking damned bastarding greasy and horrible :(
    aww thats so evil... i sometimes just have lil red marks which is SO annoying :banghead:
    Fish_food wrote:
    aww thats so evil... i sometimes just have lil red marks which is SO annoying :banghead:
    Count yourself lucky, my child :p