Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

jobs...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is it ever worth it?...working i mean.i recently broke my hand,and was off work for 6 weeks.
in that time i only recieved ssp which was £66 per week.i couldnt claim for anything else because my girlfriend has a part time job,but only earns £50 per week.this bearly covers the rent! i think working stiffs get shit on in this country! if i were claiming benefits i would get everything paid for me...rent,council tax etc....now i,m behiend with everthing and will take months to catch up again.
do i have a point?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And who'd pay the taxes and national insurance that keep you and Waynetta in beer ad fags then. People have to work or the whole thing else falls apart. Please don't even try and justify your lazyness.
    And who'd pay the taxes and national insurance that keep you and Waynetta in beer ad fags then. People have to work or the whole thing else falls apart. Please don't even try and justify your lazyness.
    i think you miss understand the point i,m trying to make! i do fucking work!
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    is it ever worth it?...working i mean.i recently broke my hand,and was off work for 6 weeks.
    in that time i only recieved ssp which was £66 per week.i couldnt claim for anything else because my girlfriend has a part time job,but only earns £50 per week.this bearly covers the rent! i think working stiffs get shit on in this country! if i were claiming benefits i would get everything paid for me...rent,council tax etc....now i,m behiend with everthing and will take months to catch up again.
    do i have a point?
    ok ...if someone told you when you were a child that father xmas was real and life is fair ...they were lying ok.
    get over it.
    get on with your life and it's problems.
    blaming others in life aint going to get you much.
    get on with it man.
    ok ...if someone told you when you were a child that father xmas was real and life is fair ...they were lying ok.
    get over it.
    get on with your life and it's problems.
    blaming others in life aint going to get you much.
    get on with it man.
    not even allowed to be a tiny bit pissed off?..i do get on with life! theres no choice!
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    not even allowed to be a tiny bit pissed off?..i do get on with life! theres no choice!
    so having a rant at the idle fat rich who have had you over or the idle fat poor ...big deal ...it don't heal nothing.
    get on with your own business.
    so having a rant at the idle fat rich who have had you over or the idle fat poor ...big deal ...it don't heal nothing.
    get on with your own business.
    no! my point is theres no help for people that work all the time! your not allowed to stop working for whatever reason!
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    no! my point is theres no help for people that work all the time! your not allowed to stop working for whatever reason!
    i know ...if you want any serious points of view on this ...meet the other people who are bothered ...take it to the Pand D room.
    i know ...if you want any serious points of view on this ...meet the other people who are bothered ...take it to the Pand D room.
    oh fuck off!! one day you make me laugh,and other days you make me want to kill you :banghead:
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    oh fuck off!! one day you make me laugh,and other days you make me want to kill you :banghead:
    thats life ...and death.
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    sounds like my wife ...and kids ...and nieghbours and friends ...and enemys ...and tourists and ...what dya fucking want!
    sounds like my wife ...and kids ...and nieghbours and friends ...and enemys ...and tourists and ...what dya fucking want!
    oh god!how much ale you had? your a fine one to talk about ranting aswell! thats all i see from you!
    do you have an uncle who, when you say you don't like broccoli, gives you a lecture about how there are kids in africa who don't have any food at all, and you should eat your broccoli and like it. and then when you have a bad day, he gives you a lecture about how there are kids in asia who are sold into slavery, so you should get on with your life without so much as a peep. and then, when your budgie dies, and you cry, he tells you it's only a budgie, and his whole family were killed in the great winter accident of '73, and he never so much as frowned.

so you think: wtf, so unless i'm dying of starvation, sold into slavery or have my entire family wiped out, i'm never allowed to complain about anything?

i have an uncle like that. i just ignore him. he's the moaniest of the lot of us. and there was no great winter accident of '73.

it's a metaphor, of sorts.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Kaff, your uncle is trying to say the same thing that's in the lower-right part of my sig... Which is something you should remember. Now, I don't think you have no reason to complain though...
    You arent allowed to rant on here anymore didnt you know? ;)
    Look, it may well seem that those on benefits have got everything, that they get everything paid on their behalf. But what about the cost? Having everything done on your behalf will hardly give you the sense of pride in achieving something yourself, will it? I'd say that working is worth it, hence why I'm talking with an agency that's helping me find work.
    i was just having a moan thats all.i think there should be more help though for working people who get injured and find themselves unable to work.i think most people are missing the point i was trying to make,but never mind.
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i was just having a moan thats all...
    Fair enough.
    i think there should be more help though for working people who get injured and find themselves unable to work.
    It just seemed to a few posters that you were making excuses for what they see as laziness. I can see what they're getting at, though. The only problem I can see with your point is, what kinds of injury? For example, do those with back injuries deserve more than those with depression?

Of course, that leads to a debate about Incapacity Benefit and the whole welfare system.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Fair enough. It just seemed to a few posters that you were making excuses for what they see as laziness. I can see what they're getting at, though. The only problem I can see with your point is, what kinds of injury? For example, do those with back injuries deserve more than those with depression?

Of course, that leads to a debate about Incapacity Benefit and the whole welfare system.
    i dont understand how people thought i was being lazy??i broke my hand and was unable to work. :confused:
    Our friends dad (who died recently) was an amazing case though, he made over £1100 a month on his benefits, and that was purely to spend, he didnt have to pay rent because of just how much benefit he was on!
    I don't mean to offend here, but this might be the sort of case which could create resentment among hard-working taxpayers, and would be a case type that the media would highlight.
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i dont understand how people thought i was being lazy??i broke my hand and was unable to work. :confused:

i was agreeing with you, mate. the amount of help you get for actually making the effort to get off your arse and work is pitiful.

especially when i see the amount that disappears from my paycheck in national insurance every month.
    kaffrin wrote:
    i was agreeing with you, mate. the amount of help you get for actually making the effort to get off your arse and work is pitiful.

especially when i see the amount that disappears from my paycheck in national insurance every month.
    thank god someone sees my point! some of these replies confused the shit out of me?? i like working! and i will allways work.i just get pissed off when i need help and dont get it!
    i don't mind paying my NI to help out with state pensions, or people who genuinely can't work, or need more support.

but why should i pay to support people who just can't be arsed?
    kaffrin wrote:
    i don't mind paying my NI to help out with state pensions, or people who genuinely can't work, or need more support.

but why should i pay to support people who just can't be arsed?
    spot on :thumb: i wish i,d put that to start with :) i,ll have to practise more!
    Oh I decided a long time ago it's not worth my while to go and get a job after Uni. Why should I, when I can get money for sitting on my arse doing nothing? And if I have a few little kiddies to ignore and allow to run riot, I get even more! :thumb: :hyper:
    Kath2003 wrote:
    Oh I decided a long time ago it's not worth my while to go and get a job after Uni. Why should I, when I can get money for sitting on my arse doing nothing? And if I have a few little kiddies to ignore and allow to run riot, I get even more! :thumb: :hyper:

Is that a serious or sarcastic post? I really hope its not serious - wouldnt you feel like a worthless loser knowing that you do absolutely nothing with your life and just sponge off the hard work of others? What kind of respect would you gain from that? What kind of SELFrespect would you have??

I have no time for lazy people like that who just cant be arsed to get a job. Last summer my hours at work were pretty low, but that was okay. However, this girl i know decided she couldnt be bothered to look for a job and so got benefits/job-seekers allowance (whatever the term is). She was getting way more money than me. It didnt seem fair. And because she knew she could get more money doing nothing it made her not want to get anything, even though she claimed she was looking for a job. I have no respect for that shit.

I think benefits are great (for want of a better word) for people who have been injured and cant work or for those who are genuinely looking for a job. But for the lazy morons who cant be arsed, its ridiculous that they should be paid to do nothing. Paid with money earned by people who actually work :impissed:
    I work already part-time while at Uni, and have worked since I was 15, so yes, that post was sarcastic but stunningly accurate. Unfortunately for me in this instance, I was brought up to appreciate the value of money and to work for it. Which is a shame, because I'd be better off doing nothing all day every day.