Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cortisone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How can i naturally encourage my body to produce more cortisone? i have tendonitis in my wrists, and after recently having acupuncture, i find that makes it better. acupuncture sends signals to the brain to produce more, im jus wondering if i could eat something etc to help it. Ta!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can't really help, but here's a brief thing on cortisone. Basically, it's produced by your adrenal glands, which sit on top of your kidneys. Unless you have a problem with your adrenals, you shouldn't have abnormal levels of natural corticosteroids in your body.

Better to concentrate on physio and/or acupuncture if you find that helpful.

You can have local steroid injections too, and often GPs can do this for you.
    yeah i was thinking of asking for that if things don't improve. physio has currently left me with an open appointment for a month to see how things go. im not sure if i have abnormal levels, jus wonderin what else i can do to get them into the area!
    You could use something simple like a hot water bottle or heat pad thing to encourage blood flow to the area. But tendonitis often needs rest and appropriate physio to encourage proper use of the joint rather than drugs or operations.