Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Random question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What would happen if you munched a gram of heroin?? Not that I would try that lol.

Comments

• Options
    Can we say 'overdose'? :p
  • Options
    Ovendoze. Nope cannot say it :(:p.
  • Options
    i ate some paper wraps of smack to avoid the old bill getting any evidence ...not far off a g probably ...absolutely nothing happened ...
  • Options
    Not too suprising seeing as it's not very effective taken orally.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    There is a bit of information on oral dosages in Erowid's [URL=
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/heroin/heroin_dose.shtml]Heroin Vault[/URL], at the bottom of the page. Considering they say the average oral dose is 50mg and a gram is 1000mg, I'd say the likelyhood of overdosing would be extremely high.
    I'm curious to know why you ask, Felix...
  • Options
    No reason really, just a random question promted by the thought of a mate saying smething once about having Heroin in his pills.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Well Erowid says the following, taken from their MDMA Vaults, and I agree -
    heroin has never been found as an adulterant by ecstasy laboratory testing projects. While this doesn't mean that no ecstasy tablet has ever contained heroin, it does mean that it's extremely uncommon if it has ever happened.
    Because people don't know what's in the tablets they take, it's easy to start to imagine that differences in effects from time to time are the result of a variety of drugs which seem like they might produce that kind of effect. Someone might describe a tablet as "heroin based" or "smacky" because they (or people they know) had an experience which was more stoney and less stimulating than other experiences on ecstasy. Unfortunately there's no way to know what would cause this sort of effect in any given experience: Lower doses, the presence of other more common adulterants like DXM, MDA, Ketamine or even the lack of common adulterants such as Caffeine or Ephedrine. It's quite likely that such differences can be explained by standard differences from one experience to another...