Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Please Please Help - Exam Revision

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
My GCSE exams are in June 2005 and i am looking to get high grades, along the lines of a 3 A stars and majority of the rest, A's.

However whenever I try and sit down to revise i am never able to concentrate properly or feel bothered. With the same issue being in homeworks and courseworks, I always wait till the last few days to complete it and somehow come out with good results.

I know I cannot use this method with my GCSE exams as it is too risky and not the way to get the grades i want. Could you please tell me what i could do to improve my situation?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wish I could help :confused:

Sat my first prelim today and as soon as I opened the paper I cursed myself for being too bloody lazy to study. :mad:
    if you start trying now and persevere, even if its just an hour or two of reading a day, it will make more difference than sitting daydreaming. as you start revising more, it will/should seem more interesting and that should motivate you to continue.
    have you done GCSE mocks? i had mine the January before the june final exams and found most of my revision for those paid off for the finals. so although its a long time in advance, its good to try and start the work now!
    Rahul wrote:
    I know I cannot use this method with my GCSE exams as it is too risky and not the way to get the grades i want. Could you please tell me what i could do to improve my situation?

:o just wait till you get to A-levels, GCSE's are a piece of cake compared to them, i think thesite provides a page giving help.
    mate, to put it bluntly you just HAVE TO revise if you want good grades. Think about the possible consequences if you don't try your best for these exams, e.g not being able to study the subjects you enjoy at A-level because of poor grades, not being able to enter your chosen profession.

Maybe not the answer you wanted to hear, but nevertheless hope it helps!
    turlough wrote:
    :o just wait till you get to A-levels, GCSE's are a piece of cake compared to them
    :yes:

Nevertheless, what you need to do is start revising now.

Dedicate a few hours a week to writing up your notes on the computer, or rewriting things out on paper and putting them in a file. Maybe read them out to yourself.

When they're all written up, test yourself. Write essay plans and essays. Ask family members to test you on things.

I've also found a good way for me to remember things is to write them out over and over again.

If you revise as you go along, it will seem a lot easier come exam time.
    Scarlet wrote:

I've also found a good way for me to remember things is to write them out over and over again.

:yes:

So true. Got me through all my exams!