Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Body Piercing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi Im wanting to persue a carrer in body piercing but dont know how to get started if there are any peircers out there can you please tell me how you got started or if there are any online courses I could take

thanx in advance Gary

Comments

• Options
    i would imagine that you would have to take a proctical course rather than an online course as they wouldnt just let you go poking holes in peoples bodies after just reading how to do it.

i would suggest going into your local piercing place and asking them how they gained ther qualifercations

link to thebritish school of body piercing web site

learn how to pierce . com

bbc info about regulations on body piercing (quite old page)
  • Options
    It takes around 5/6 years to become an experienced body piercer. You cannot just join a 'body piercing' course and gain a qualification to say that you can pierce. There are no formal qualifications in the piercing world, it's a very 'un-regulated' industry.

You're best off going to every single piercer you can and beg them for an apprenticeship - you'll be lucky to find one though as they are like gold dust. It's an extremely difficult area to get into. You literally have to start at the bottom as someone sitting at the front desk, and learning little bits as you go.

PM me for more details ;) Ilora x