Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Job interview tips

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi

i am doing an a apprentaship only doing it for almost three month now and am on £40 a week which i am Struggling on.

this morning i got a invited for a job interview for Tuesday I am not sure what to wear or do if they give me the job (which I am confident cos my mate works their and put my name forward)its good money£ 4 days work for 14000k. it is a Warehouse job and if i do get the offer then i don't know how to tell my employers that i am leaving, i don't thimk they will give me a ref.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try and know something about the company.
    Know what is involved in the job as they may ask you about certain situations or something else relating to the actual work.
    Dress smartly, employers always appreciate it if you make an effort.

Just explain to your apprenticeship (sp?) people that you have decided not to continue because what you're learning is not for you. Thank them for all the help they have given you. There is no reason why they shouldnt give you a reference. If you're interview goes well enough they may not ask for a reference.

Sure it will be fine, make sure you're doing the right thing though. Good luck.
    well i am definetly doing the right thing i wish that i didn't get the phone
    call so i could just finish my apprentaship even though i knew this is not the work i want to do when i finish (ADMIN) its justs gives me an option.

if i do get it i was thinking of being honest just telling them that i have been offered a job and it is an Opportunity that I can not reject i mean it was unexpected so i never planed for this to happen.
    There's loads of useful info here including:

Blitzing your job interview

Body language for job interviews

Good luck :)
    i am more worried about telling my employer and giving in my notice
    the jobs in the bag i mate has told me i mean the manager asked me to bring my passport and bank details with me so i suspose it is a different kind of interview
    what are good questions to ask the person who is interviewing me.