Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Drug Testing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been offered the chance to coach football at an American summer camp this summer. Now I know Americans are very strict when it comes to substance miss-use so I just wondered whether ill be drug tested when I arrive. If so, how long does it take for ecstasy and cocaine to get out of your system? I don’t want to arrive and be sent on the first plane back!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've been offered the chance to coach football at an American summer camp this summer. Now I know Americans are very strict when it comes to substance miss-use so I just wondered whether ill be drug tested when I arrive. If so, how long does it take for ecstasy and cocaine to get out of your system? I don’t want to arrive and be sent on the first plane back!
    don't bother going.
    yea. what he said. trust me.

anyhow, i doubt you'll be drug tested. it depends what level you're coaching. for most high school teams drug testing isnt required for coaches or players. mainly, if its a bit more professional than that they want to know if the players are on drugs, not the coaches.

cocaine takes like 3 days or something to get out of your system, and ecstacy, i couldnt tell you. hope that helped.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Here is TheSite's article on how drug tests work if you are interested. Erowid also have quite extensive Drug Testing Vaults, and they are based in America.
    Amphetamine type drugs will be gone from your urine in 10 days, and cocaine less than 7.

However, if they do a hair test on you, you're screwed. This is unlikely because its really expencive.
    However, if they do a hair test on you, you're screwed. This is unlikely because its really expencive.

have you ever heard of anyone actually being made to take one of these ? :confused:
    It is very rare, I think they are done for certain governmental jobs in the US.

Of course any mention of the 5th Amendment or civil liberties should be avoided, otherwise you might notice that drug testing should be illegal in the US.