Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

anyone work in a office

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i need to i dentify procedures for reporting faults for the telephone and the fax machine and computer equment what r your procedures

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I just email our IT Support guy and he fixes it?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i say 'hey <technical support guy's name>, the computer/phone/fax is broken'
    ring up our IT desk and tell them its broken. Next day I ring them again. After the third day they tell the contractor who repairs our equipment. The contractor sends someone round a week later and tells us that the problem doesn't fall within the scope of their contract and that we need to repair it ourselves.

Restart loop until we get some money in the kitty which allows us to buy a new piece of kit
    Kick the piss out of it.

Alternatively, we have to contact IT support. Which is annoying.
    You have to identify procedures? Why, are you do a GNVQ in Business or some such thing?

I say "hey, karen, the computer's fucked" and she rings helpdesk and within one working month it gets fixed.
    contact computer call who will send someone round the next day to go

'ummm well it dosent look broke but ill take it away'

'well then ill have no computer then'

'yeah your right'

'well i cant do my job without the computer'

'better take this mouse too, its sticking'.......'any chance of a tea?'
    I work in IT support and people either phone me or email me in which i will go to their desks and try to fix the problem. If i cannot fix a problem with an external companies piece of software then i will log a support request with that company.