Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The BNP

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Absolutley. Best way of dealing with moronic viewpoints is to dismiss them publically. Momentum will only come through the underground...

I agree with this very much but very few actually do it convincingly.

Certainly I have never heard a govt minister or someone high up go through the BNP manifesto and explain why it is a complete load of bollocks.

Personally I think there should be a huge publi information campaign to debunk the myths about immigration which inform so mnay peoples view points on this subject .

I bleive in a poll last year they found that most people believe ethnic minorities to be something like 25% of the population when it is around 10%. This just shows how much bollocks people have been fed by the media.........
  • Options
    he looks like quasimodo. maybe we should confine him to the bell tower of notre dame, where he can fall in love with a gypsy girl and rethink his racist views

..the bells, the bells
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Some anti-fascists think that C18 were set up by MI5 to keep tabs on extremists.

Not heard that theory before, tell more or point me in the right direction please.
  • Options
    There's all sorts of weird rumours and Machiavellian politics in the world of fascism and anti-fascism, its hard to work out what the truth is. The ant-fascist organisation Searchlight is thought to be an MI5 backed operation that informs on both the far left and far right, Larry O'Hara wrote some stuff a few years ago about C18 and MI5 but this is disputed by other people. I've been trying to find the article, but I can't find a version that isn't on a far right site, apart from some info from Lobster magazine http://www.lobster-magazine.co.uk/BNP.html but you need to register to read the full article.
  • Options
    not that I follow the news over there very closely but didn't a bunch of BNP scum beat the hell out of an asian kid over in the Eastern end of London back in 1997?

and even if they have made a show of giving up race attacks that doesn't mean that they have. You can never trust a fascist, and you most certainly can never trust a racist.

Not that I know of.

The BNP do not - as an organisation - carry out political or racial attacks. I pretty much hate the right wing though, don't get me wrong.
  • Options
    Really? I think they might disagree.

I think you don't know what you're talking about.

C18 were formed 1992-ish and fell apart about 5 years later.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    There's all sorts of weird rumours and Machiavellian politics in the world of fascism and anti-fascism, its hard to work out what the truth is. The ant-fascist organisation Searchlight is thought to be an MI5 backed operation that informs on both the far left and far right, Larry O'Hara wrote some stuff a few years ago about C18 and MI5 but this is disputed by other people. I've been trying to find the article, but I can't find a version that isn't on a far right site, apart from some info from Lobster magazine http://www.lobster-magazine.co.uk/BNP.html but you need to register to read the full article.

I haven't heard the theory that Searchlight is M15 backed to inform on the far-left...why the fuck would M15 be interested in the SWP or SA lol.

All the hardline left wing groups that M15 would have had an interest in, RA + AFA etc, didn't touch Searchlight with a bargepole.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    I haven't heard the theory that Searchlight is M15 backed to inform on the far-left...why the fuck would M15 be interested in the SWP or SA lol.

It's a very common view in anarchist circles.
    Spliffie wrote:
    All the hardline left wing groups that M15 would have had an interest in, RA + AFA etc, didn't touch Searchlight with a bargepole.

Yes, because its a state sponsored operation.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    It's a very common view in anarchist circles.

Yes, because its a state sponsored operation.

Those anarchists must be seriously off their tits on a very regular basis to think M15 would be interested in the likes of the SWP & ANL, considering they did fuck all in terms of anti-fascism other than mouth off.

...Also because Searchlight and the ANL did next to nothing, but still claimed the credit for supposed successes like Waterloo in '92.
  • Options
    I wasn't really talking about ANL/SWP. And I'm well aware of Waterloo and AFA.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I wasn't really talking about ANL/SWP. And I'm well aware of Waterloo and AFA.

It's same kind of umbrella...SWP/ANL/Searchlight.
  • Options
    Eh? You ever read Larry O'Hara's "Searclight for Beginners"? As I said - its all a very murky machiavellian world. And actually MI5 probably do have people in the SWP, the same as they probably do in the BNP as well.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Eh? You ever read Larry O'Hara's "Searclight for Beginners"? As I said - its all a very murky machiavellian world. And actually MI5 probably do have people in the SWP, the same as they probably do in the BNP as well.

Nah I haven't read it, worth reading?

I would hazard a guess that the BNP are heavily infiltrated - wouldn't be difficult. There are those who claim Nick Griffin is an MI5 plant...all quite amusing really.