Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Gerrard To Join Chelsea

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
To join next summer at an estimated 30 million quidders......

And his wage, a staggering £120,000 a week!! Double his wage a Liverpool...

Fucking crazy money, I read Tony Blair only gets paid £170,000 a year for being Primeminister....
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Source?

I thought it was just rumours still...
    And he's house hunting in Surrey as well apparently. According to bbc teletext gossip column anyway. Not sure which paper the quote was attributed to.
    it's a bit like the everton wayne rooney situation, unless liverpool do somethingf miraculous like win the champions league (which i doubt but i'll still hope) then i don't see gerrard staying for much longer, i wouldn't blame him really, chelsea is where the silverware is at but he will be leaving his childhood club and his fans and it must be hard on a player when they have to do that.
    Nash wrote:
    To join next summer at an estimated 30 million quidders......

And his wage, a staggering £120,000 a week!! Double his wage a Liverpool...

Fucking crazy money, I read Tony Blair only gets paid £170,000 a year for being Primeminister....

That's a ridiculous amount of money! Can the blues really afford that? I hope we know what we're doing. :chin:
    Source?

I thought it was just rumours still...
    It is.

I don't think he will go to Chelski tbh.
    Rooster_D wrote:
    That's a ridiculous amount of money! Can the blues really afford that? I hope we know what we're doing. :chin:

They can afford anything when they have a multi billionaire owner, Roman Abramovich...

Does anyone know if they are still removing sponsors from their shirts next year?
    Nash wrote:
    They can afford anything when they have a multi billionaire owner, Roman Abramovich...

QUOTE]
    Until he gets bored,fucks off and leaves the club in billions of debt and a wage bill they cant even dream of,That is.
    Pff, they have to buy a talented team, they cannot be like the likes of Arsenal or Man U that invest in youth, etc.
    Hopefully Uefa bring in the 25 man squad with minimum of 8 academy players to screw them right over. Wishful thinking though.

They will struggle to balance the books but Kenyon (Judas scum) is probably the man for the job.
    What a midfield they will have though with gerrard, robben, lampard, duff and makelale. If they get Adriano as well they will also have the perfect striker.
    Yeh i must say the Chelsea team looks more and more like a dreamteam...
    One which will be fucked when the new UEFA law on "homegrown" players comes into effect...
    and god help them if they bring in the deduction of points for abusing the ref.
    and god help them if they bring in the deduction of points for abusing the ref.

Man United are fucked then... and so are most other teams
    One which will be fucked when the new UEFA law on "homegrown" players comes into effect...
    Not if you think about it.

Though the main beneficiaries of the new UEFA rules will be Arsenal. Hooray.
    Kermit wrote:

Not they won't.

Funnily enough, from the English Champ League teams only United would be okay this year. Most of Arsenal and Chelsea players are from abroad and the rule only applies to those "grown" in England...
    Kermit wrote:

Does Ashley Cole count as 8 players in 1? Hooray?
    i think he will defo go this summer or next it is why i did not pur his name on my shirt because he is worldclass and i can't see him staying