Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Entertainment industry thinks U.S. behind 9/11?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have you noticed how many references there are to Bush and/or the U.S. government being behind the 9/11 attacks in popular culture? Films, books, television shows, video games, etc. Whatever one's opinion - it's hard not to notice that this idea has made it into our collective unconscious. I am collecting examples of this, can anyone think of any?

Please don't reply with conspiracy theories, I'm specifically looking for examples in fictional media that resemble real life events - not accounts of the actual event.

Comments

• Options
    oh god not again!
    do a search of this place ...
    yes i believe america was attacked with american knowledge ...
  • Options
    Yea, have you seen Micheal Moores film about Bush?
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    Yea, have you seen Micheal Moores film about Bush?

a direct accusation?
  • Options
    BlackArab wrote:
    a direct accusation?

9/11.... it shows alot of the Saudis links to America and how the Bush Administration were told of Bin Ladin's threat to America long before 9/11.

I wasn't saying that his film implys America knew of the attack before it took place.
  • Options
    How come the passports weren't burnt when everything else was.
  • Options
    how come 35 drills were carried out by NORAD in the 2 months leading up to 9/11, including 5 on the day of the attack which the americans blame for lack of response, they werent sure if it was a drill........
  • Options
    How come Bush is forever milking 9/11 for his campaign... By mulling over it and openly shitting themselves aren't they letting these 'evil terrorists' win?
  • Options
    Got to be honest I've seen a few things that imply a complict knowledge of the attack (farenheit, etc) but not a lot that implies a direct involvement.

To be honest I've seen much more that implies America is a nation surviving after a devastating attack, or is about to be attacked again -

Regenesis
    The post attack world of Battlestar Galatica
    The fireman show with Dennis Leary
    Team America - which had the North Koreans responsible for attacks on America and rediculed Hollywood liberalism
    Nearly every recent modern set game - Full Spectrum Warrior, Splinter Cell, Mercenaries
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Got to be honest I've seen a few things that imply a complict knowledge of the attack (farenheit, etc) but not a lot that implies a direct involvement.

To be honest I've seen much more that implies America is a nation surviving after a devastating attack, or is about to be attacked again -

Regenesis
    The post attack world of Battlestar Galatica
    The fireman show with Dennis Leary
    Team America - which had the North Koreans responsible for attacks on America and rediculed Hollywood liberalism
    Nearly every recent modern set game - Full Spectrum Warrior, Splinter Cell, Mercenaries

Add to that list 25th Hour...
  • Options
    Although interesting Manchurian candidate does take the whole evil business empire running the world viewpoint
  • Options
    Haven't seen that one yet but do you remember this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133952/ :eek2:
  • Options
    God yes! Especially the whole seal team kidnapping Bin Laden at the start!

If you think that was in bad taste you should see Man on Fire, the Mexican tourist was considering legal action after the way it portrayed Mexico
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    God yes! Especially the whole seal team kidnapping Bin Laden at the start!

If you think that was in bad taste you should see Man on Fire, the Mexican tourist was considering legal action after the way it portrayed Mexico

Just seen the review for that one. oh dearie me ;)
  • Options
    French Atari is putting out a computer game called “Act of War”. The plot has the oligarchs of the world fighting over oil, the U.S. wins, terrorists attack and kidnap Senators and stuff. Your player is in the U.S. army – the aim is to fight the terrorists off. Towards the end of the game it’s revealed that the U.S. government is behind the terrorists. Let me know what you think:

http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/pc/act_of_war_direct_action/preview/59356
  • Options
    Given the context of the thread entirely appropriate here but you might also want to post over at the Computer and net forum for gamers views
  • Options
    Sounds good, shame it is only out for PC as i prefer playing games on the Xbox unless it's flight sim - the game looks alright just hope that the story isn't badly played out that what usually happens in games like this. It also sounds a little like the first metal gear solid but it looks better of course
  • Options
    I am moving the discussion of this particular game to the computer and net forum as per requested - hope y'all come with me!