You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

M65

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
I heard that there is a way to convert my M65 into a tent for field purposes. How???

If you have no idea on what i'm talking about here, don't bother responding.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Where does the M65 go?
    It doesn't go anywhere :P it's a jacket, and i heard that it was somehow possible to convert it to a small tent.
    i thought he was on about a stretch of motorway and i was getitng slightyl worried.
    What comany make the jacket?
    Alpha industries.
    turlough wrote:
    i thought he was on about a stretch of motorway and i was getitng slightyl worried.
    Lol, i just realised how i phrased the question. Sorry for inconvenience :angel:
    I think it would be a very small tent :/
    Well why not look on there website? or google it
    Mist wrote:
    I think it would be a very small tent :/
    Well, it is supposed to be a small temporary tent, in which you can survive a blizzard, probably in a fetus position.

As for the searching, i did both their site and google, but it's too vast to cover, and their site is pretty commercial.
    phone they're coustomer service helpline?
    I'm outside USA. The feature has been supposedly used in Vietnam. Btw, I can't just phone them and ask them how to make a tent out of their jacket... They might as well tell me to cut it up and make a tent out of the parts.
    nmrmak wrote:
    I'm outside USA. The feature has been supposedly used in Vietnam. Btw, I can't just phone them and ask them how to make a tent out of their jacket... They might as well tell me to cut it up and make a tent out of the parts.

when i'm on a night out and i'm fucked and stuck in a field somewhere i just lie down and throw the coat over my body, it's a tent of some sorts.
    For some odd reason I thought this post was going to be about guns... :crazyeyes
    For some odd reason I thought this post was going to be about guns... :crazyeyes
    Perhaps because M16, M4A1 and M60 are all firearms?
    nmrmak wrote:
    Perhaps because M16, M4A1 and M60 are all firearms?

If my memory of vattlefield vietnam serves me right so is the m21 *thinks*. God we are sad.
    Well, doesn't M generally stand for military? Anyway, i think that there must be a way to make a tent with it....
    colne to preston via nelson, burnley, blackburn.

i can almost see it from my window...
    nmrmak wrote:
    The feature has been supposedly used in Vietnam.
    I thought you said it was for surviving in blizzards...didn't think they had many in Vietnam...
    Hellfire wrote:
    Well why not look on there website? or google it

Oh the irony :p;) :rolleyes:

And I've just googled and didn't really find anything of any use.
    Silverberg wrote:
    I thought you said it was for surviving in blizzards...didn't think they had many in Vietnam...
    I have no idea...
    It seems like a hoax more and more to me too. It's not like I'll be using it as a tent much (I do have a tant for those purposes), it would be just interesting to see if i can make a tent out of that jacket.
    Oh, and I didn't mean blizards as in snow blizzards. I'm sorry, English is not my first language. What i meant was rain. Heavy rain. Storms :)