Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive had meth and speed but ive never had ice, mate at werk rekons its good stuff (rekons he felt like he was lifting off the ground every time he breathed in :D ) but he said like meth its not an every weekend drug...

what are all your experiences with or stories youve heard bout ice

i know you smoke it in a crack pipe or somthin, not much if any coke/crack gets round here... well i aint had no dealings so i dunno what a crack pipe looks like... im guessing its prity much a bong :rolleyes:

cheers

Comments

• Options
    the only ice i ever heard of was back in the 8o's and that was oven baked amphetamine.
    for snorting or hitting up ...very intense and long lasting speed buzz ...never heard of smoking it.
  • Options
    I can tell you first hand that ICE is EVIL. I went to prison because I was so fucked up and in love with being high all at the sametime. It is very addictive and DECEIVING. Ice looks like crushed ice and most people smoke it-I did, but I also like eating eat. You can also shoot it and if your into pain snort a line. But take my BEST advice and never touch the shit.:angel:
  • Options
    It depends where the 'ice' is from. In mainland America it refers to pure (or nearly pure) methamphetamine powder, this can be smoked and much like the comparison between cocaine and crack this makes it a lot more addictive.

However, if you are talking Hawaii or some parts of the Far East then 'ice' refers to a different drug altogether, it is a liquid most times but sometimes a powder. I cant for the life of me think of its chemical name, its not technically an amphetamine but acts very much like one.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    It depends where the 'ice' is from. In mainland America it refers to pure (or nearly pure) methamphetamine powder, this can be smoked and much like the comparison between cocaine and crack this makes it a lot more addictive.

However, if you are talking Hawaii or some parts of the Far East then 'ice' refers to a different drug altogether, it is a liquid most times but sometimes a powder. I cant for the life of me think of its chemical name, its not technically an amphetamine but acts very much like one.

I've heard of that, but i can't remember the chemical name for it...it's gets called Yaba though? Comes as pills or something.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Spliffie
    I've heard of that, but i can't remember the chemical name for it...it's gets called Yaba though? Comes as pills or something.

Yabba/Yamma/Nazi Speed/Crystal/Ice = Meth.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive

Remember an article or something predicting yaba pills will flood the market over here. Believe it when i see it though.
  • Options

Its not quite as simple as that actually. Yabba is the street name for small orange pills which normally contains methamphetamine but do contain a mix of amphetamines and on a couple of occasions contain morphine too.

They are most of the time smoked but can be taken orally too.

As for methamphetamine here, personally I think it will catch on here in pill form, but I cant see it taking off in powder form because it has such a bad reputation. I just think that pill form meth would really take off amoung ordinary pill users tired of mediocre pills.

The only thing I can think would stop this is the length of the high, oral meth can last 12 hours or more, which could lead a lot of people not liking it.
  • Options
    Its not quite as simple as that actually. Yabba is the street name for small orange pills

A mate of mine who spent a year and a half in Thailand said that he got his hands on plent yabba and it came in a powder form. I'd never even heard of it before.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Hmm, well the normal 'yabba' is the small pills from Maynmar (Burma).

Doesnt hugely surprise me that the term is also used for the powder too because most people assume that the pills are just methamphetamine.

Interestingly I've read reports suggesting that the mix of amphetamines in the yabba pills may actually make them even more addictive than just meth.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    This page from Erowid.org on Methamphetamine may answer some of your questions, and this page may be of particular interest, as it is an Australian based question on what Yaba is and if it differs from Methamphetamine. apparently, "ya ba" means "crazy drug" in Thai.
  • Options
    Quite a piss take really, the UN is thanking Myanmar for reducing its opium production and not exporting much heroin these days.

But no big international comment seems to be made about the billions of meth pills they export.

I guess it kind of proves again that UN drug control isnt for the whole world, just the parts that matter.
  • Options
    Yabba is most commonly found as pills then. :chin:
    It looks as though they're probably similar in quality to our ecstasy pills aswell.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Yabba is most commonly found as pills then. :chin:
    It looks as though they're probably similar in quality to our ecstasy pills aswell.

Well they probably contain about 50mg or so, but thats really not the same as 50mg of MDMA, especially if you are smoking it.

And, unlike with the pills here they go to funding one of the nastiest civil wars ever.
  • Options
    Well they probably contain about 50mg or so, but thats really not the same as 50mg of MDMA, especially if you are smoking it.

Not really what I meant.

I was suggesting that their Yabba pills probably contain all sorts of other 'goodies' in the same way ecstasy pills do.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Ahh, right, yes. I see your point.
  • Options
    A bit late, but this is a peeve of mine

Ice is NOT meth....at all...no no no no no...Due to the media confusing "glass" which is typically the clear white crystalline meth ya get from heavyily washed labs...versus the yellowy less clean of adulturants typical meth you may find about...anyhow Ice looks like glass, sorta in the real definition of the words, therefor, perhaps to the bright minds at CNN/ABC/FOX meth is glass is ice...they're idiots...for as long as I have known, I'm in SE U.S. right now, I have lived in the midwest and NE U.S. , ice is 4-methylaminorex, originally an appetite suppressent, but well due it's oversped qualities (very similar to meth) it was deemed not good for fat chicks needing to lose their weight via the cure in a capsule method...

other names you'll find for "Ice" is Euphoria (or U4Euh)...

sorry I felt the need to clear this up, it really DOES annoy me to hear people referring to meth as ice...(as a side note Ice is quite rare and it's heavily sought OVER meth, because they say it's a lot cleaner / and more euphoric than meth)
  • Options
    rEph wrote:
    Ice is NOT meth....at all...no no no no no...Due to the media confusing "glass" which is typically the clear white crystalline meth ya get from heavyily washed labs...versus the yellowy less clean of adulturants typical meth you may find about...anyhow Ice looks like glass, sorta in the real definition of the words, therefor, perhaps to the bright minds at CNN/ABC/FOX meth is glass is ice...they're idiots...for as long as I have known, I'm in SE U.S. right now, I have lived in the midwest and NE U.S. , ice is 4-methylaminorex, originally an appetite suppressent, but well due it's oversped qualities (very similar to meth) it was deemed not good for fat chicks needing to lose their weight via the cure in a capsule method...

other names you'll find for "Ice" is Euphoria (or U4Euh)...

sorry I felt the need to clear this up, it really DOES annoy me to hear people referring to meth as ice...(as a side note Ice is quite rare and it's heavily sought OVER meth, because they say it's a lot cleaner / and more euphoric than meth)

yes too rights, really gets under my skin when people confuse the two :confused:

welcome to thesite by the way :wave:
  • Options
    hah, yeah some chick mentioned ice earlier, said she was at some house and they were smoking it, I told her I doubted it, she was like no it was definitly crank...I was like uhm...big argument ensued...I ran across this by accident while trying to find an info page to link her so she'd shut yer mouth...lol and had to reply, but thanks for the welcome =)

robf
  • Options
    That sounds like the same 'ice' which is pre-dominant on the Hawaian drug scene.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    That sounds like the same 'ice' which is pre-dominant on the Hawaian drug scene.

likely is heh....

nasty stuff really...
  • Options
    I was quite curious about it and did think about trying to buy it when I was there, but the atmosphere in Hawaii doesnt lend itself to drug use, its a foul place, oppressive and scary.