Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pretty dress

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, my school's decided to be very nice and put on a Post-Highers Ball and I've just bought my dress (even though it's in June!) not sure what color shoes or bag or wether to wear pearls or diamonds with it though. any advice?

cheers guys :) xxx

Comments

• Options
    Take it back
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    looks like a childs dress...and when i say child i mean 6year old if that even
  • Options
    It looks like Belle's from beauty and the beast! :o
  • Options
    *TiNK* wrote:
    It looks like Belle's from beauty and the beast! :o

lol,never thought of it like that but i love that dress! i realise it looks awful in that picture but its actually really nice + itsn't full length,it stops about an inch under my knee,kinda like something out of Grease,lol. anyways,u :heart: it! :)
  • Options
    I think its cool and 50s looking. I imagine itd look fab on some people and awful on others though. Depends what you look like, and if thats you in your avatar then I think you should reconsider :P
  • Options
    lol,i'm a bit worried if it'll fit me now cos i got it vintage off ebay. mums worried it'll make me look 'hipp-y', fingers crossed it won't though :)
  • Options
    just noticed,is it me or have all the smilies changed places?
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    Take it back

someone had to say it :yuck:
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote:
    someone had to say it :yuck:
    noo, flat pumps, handbag and headscarf with 50s sunnies, itll look fab.
  • Options
    Noooo. It's SO wrong. ;(

50s style was LAST summer.
  • Options
    noo, flat pumps, handbag and headscarf with 50s sunnies, itll look fab.

but its not the fifties, its a prom :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Plus, if it's a BALL. You don't go wearing a naff dress like that. :yuck:

You need something spangly, yet not so spangly.
  • Options
    It's her dress, she's the one going to be wearing it and she obviously likes it so surely that's the main thing?
  • Options
    thank you lucifer! i love the dress,just not sure what color shoes to wear with it cos there's bits of cream through it and i can't see any yellow shoes about.

and for the spangly dress - there was a ball a few years back,we got in The Sun and everything cos we got chucked out the marriot for riotous behaviour,lol! anyways,had a big spangly dress for that and just about everyone had the same dress in a different color. wanna stand out a bit this time! :)
  • Options
    I think its the colour that is putting people off. If yellow suits you, it will be fab. I think you are probably right with cream shoes...make sure they are HIGH heels though or you will look like someone from Summer Holiday...dont go with yellow though, that would be too much. Keep your jewellery simple...without seeing it, its hard to judge, but pearls sound like an idea :)

Oh, and who cares if its "sssooooo last season"...all the stuff that is the the shops right now and draped over Sienna Miller is ssssooooo 30 years ago, yet it has been revived.

Choice...go to Debenhams, buy a lovely dress and look like everyone else OR go on ebay, buy an unusual, but still lovely dress, and stand out from the crowd. Hmmmm...tough one :chin:
  • Options
    it stops about an inch under my knee,kinda like something out of Grease,lol. anyways,u :heart: it! :)

If you are going to a prom circa 1959 with John Travolta in Rydell High then wear it :yeees:
  • Options
    If you are going to a prom circa 1959 with John Travolta in Rydell High then wear it :yeees:
    i want to go there :yes: I want to be rizzo.
  • Options

ahhh....but how good would that be though!

Cha Cha's dress is amazing :heart:
  • Options
    *we go together like ramamdaamamadama be ding be ding be dong*
  • Options
    i think maybe you should take a picture of you *in* the dress, as lying on the floor like that it doesn't look all that great, but maybe you wear it well, or something.
  • Options
    in answer to the question i think that very thin strapped sandles in cream would look nice
  • Options
    I always had a thing for Rizzo's man;
    "a hickey from kinicky" :yum: lol.
  • Options
    lol,dravan thats exactly what i needed to hear,thank u :)

mist,i'll take a picture as soon as the dress is delivered and i fix my scanner!

and for the shoes...was thinking about these or these ,not entirely sure. can't really see any strappy white sandals about :confused:

thanks guys :)

xxx
  • Options
    Oh god, not the first ones...too weddingy. The second ones could work though. Again, without seeing it its hard to judge, but the gold ones could work...? Wait a bit though...more heels will come into the shops nearer June, now its still all boots and stuff :)

But yeah, definately put a picture up of you in the dress, that would be better. Hope it fits! :p
  • Options
    *we go together like ramamdaamamadama be ding be ding be dong*

Im gonna be singing that all night now! :p
  • Options
    So, my school's decided to be very nice and put on a Post-Highers Ball and I've just bought my dress (even though it's in June!) not sure what color shoes or bag or wether to wear pearls or diamonds with it though. any advice?

cheers guys :) xxx

I think white shoes and purse would go nicely because it would bring out the white tints of the dress. If you wear any yelloe accesories, you'll end up looking like a canary. small white leather purse and white shoes would look fabulous. :thumb:
  • Options
    draven wrote:
    The second ones could work though.

that's what I was thinking. plus,they're so gorgeous I could wear them after as well...but then,the white ones are :love: hmmm,decisions!

draven wrote:
    Hope it fits! :p

if it doesn't I've decided to invest in those tights that suck every last inch of your tummy in :yes: bit worried now to be honest! :rolleyes: