Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Erratum;

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last week, i posted up an alert that caused some confusion here on this board. I did speed read a news report, and then lost the information, so i couldn't clairify. Here it is, i found it;

www.thehempire.com/pm/comments/P/3184_0_1_0/ - 22k

I have alerted some people to as whether a complaint can be made to the PCC, as i told them it was misleading and false information.

I did also post up a couple of other facts that may have been taken out of context also;

It's NOT a medical fact that if you take Heroin that you'll automatically be sick ( I know from my own experience as what i wrote before )

A female officer in the Metropolitan Police deployed undercover in the drug squad was pensioned off as she had a £500.00 p/week crack and heroin habit. She enetered into detox and rehab and was then given a 33k pay off. It was confirmed in the National press that there are also other officers who have a drug habit. Source of information was the London Evening Standard ( I'm sure the Guardian's G2 also done a write up ) I'll have a quick look on their site, and if i find it , i'll post it up onto this thread. If not, and you want to find out more information, then contact New Scotland Yard and ask to speak to their press office.

I appologise wholeheartedly to BB for the vitriolic attack that included vulgar expletitives that i used in a thread that he joined me on, and to the Site staff for having to read it. Yes, it was unecessary, but in my self-defense, i was het up, with some of the ill informed replies that were sent to me.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dont worry about it, it takes a lot more than that to offend me.
    ;) Thanks!

I did actually speak to Mr K, and enquire as to the reason that he didn't mention the Australian trials. " Time was the factor" , and yep, i suppose that Switzerland sounds like a nice clean place rather than Kings X. Lol.

I'm not sure i sent you the correct link, but if yourself or any other person(s) are interested in the 3 year diamorphine trials, i'll post up the said information.

regards, Have a good day all, john. :)
    Its fantastic how similar Kings Cross in London and Sydney are, they are the same place just ever so slightly different.

When I was in Sydney we saw the finest thing ever.

It was about midday or so, and we saw a tall prostitute in a bikini and high heels talking to a sailer in full uniform!

The phrase 'I'm on whore leave!' came to mind.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Thanks for hunting that article down John. I've never heard of Kids Company either and their claims aren't supported by any other information I have heard, quite the opposite in fact...
    bongbudda wrote:
    Dont worry about it, it takes a lot more than that to offend me.

yea he's hardly zoma is he bong? ;)
    LadyJade wrote:
    Thanks for hunting that article down John. I've never heard of Kids Company either and their claims aren't supported by any other information I have heard, quite the opposite in fact...

well the truth is out there as they say
    turlough wrote:
    yea he's hardly zoma is he bong? ;)

z0ma doesnt offend me by anything he says, he's not anywhere near cleaver enough to do that.

Him being alive offends Nature.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Him being alive offends Nature.

:o insulting on so many levels, but it's only a bit of craic at the end of the day :thumb:
    turlough wrote:
    :o insulting on so many levels, but it's only a bit of craic at the end of the day :thumb:

No I really hate him, foul smelling git.
    Thought you met him bong up at some concert or something one day.
    Shogun wrote:
    Thought you met him bong up at some concert or something one day.

Only so I could spit in his face.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Only so I could spit in his face.

And smoke some herb.
    Shogun wrote:
    And smoke some herb.

That sir is slanderous.
    It's NOT a medical fact that if you take Heroin that you'll automatically be sick ( I know from my own experience as what i wrote before )

no shit john!
    Hullo Mr M.R.

It's a media myth, althougth a fair few people will vomit,

anyway, seeing that youe dying to learn more, have a peep @ this;

www.guardian.co.uk/drugs/Story/0,2763,506559,00.html - 56k

Have a good evening, john.
    welcome
    Hullo Mr M.R.

It's a media myth,
    it is not a media myth at all.
    good quality heroin makes most first time users puke ...as does morphine ...
    of course the quality effects this as well.
    believe me ...i spent years in opiate world.
    It's a media myth

just like heroin laced joints corrupting our young females :p
    My mate gaged a bit, and was a little sick when he tried it a while back, though he said it didnt really affect the experience.
    Hi there

well Mr M.R. Whats the way foreward on this? Where is it written, quoted as medical fact? As, if your that interested, for the price of 30p, ( I'll post up professional contact telephone number ) that'll conclude that what i stated above is correct.
    >>>just like heroin laced joints corrupting our young females<<< ~

If i thought you had half a brain, i'd post up relevent conatct names and numbers, DAT and DrugSquad, as well as the local social services. It did come to the attention of the national media, as some were also raped on Ryohpnol ( sp?)

But as your being a muppet, with no intellect, i wont bother wasting my time. ;)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    IKt still doesn't make any sense and I'd have to actually see it to believe it.
    Next you'll be telling us that pills are laced with heroin and cocaine?
    Weekender Offender 
    Lol, i give up!!

What was the brown & yellow burgers laced with then eh? ( E ) 89/90.

i think you've smoked too much Zero Zero. ( Lol, wot is that laced with )

:wave:
    But as your being a muppet, with no intellect, i wont bother wasting my time. ;)

A smiley doesn't make personal insults less offensive....

And I don't think phone numbers are necessary. What were are looking for is evidence not hearsay.
    www.channel4.com/news/2003/08/week_4/22_keigh.html - 46k

There was a doco aired last sept that caused an out cry in the media, and one of the actual reason as to why Mr Griffin is standing in the constituancy.

I doubled checked the site and it makes no referrence to heroin. ( the link i posted up ) But On the aired doco, ( a year later ) it stated that heroin was the main drug used to intice young girls into an addiditon and royhpnol (sp?) was used in drug rape.

The information could (?) be up on the BNP site, but i've no wish to look there.
    I have a small issue with the fact that you are taking an isolated incident, terrible as it may be, and making a sweeping statement.
    How was it a sweeping statement? enlighten me. I did explian to you in a reply last week that it was reported up in W Yorks. I never said anywhere on this board that it was a UK wide practice, but only that it does happen.
    What was the brown & yellow burgers laced with then eh? ( E ) 89/90.

You tell me.
    How was it a sweeping statement? enlighten me. I did explian to you in a reply last week that it was reported up in W Yorks. I never said anywhere on this board that it was a UK wide practice, but only that it does happen.

What was the point of posting it on here?

You began by saying
    With regards to the poster who said that they'd know what was in it if they smoked a spliff, your so wrong!! People put Heroin into spliffs to start an addiction to unwary novices. Thats how young females can start to get into a Class A addiction.

Then qualified it with
    No it's NOT common practice, but yes it does happen more than people realise, especially in area's up in and around Yorkshire as well as in parts of E London, as well as Subutex being mixed in with crack also!

And the evidence you have provided refers to two concerned mothers saying this is what happens to their daughters in one town. Thats what I would consider sweeping generalisation. I'm not trying to discourage you from posting, but people simply won't believe you if you exaggerate. As a health professional, you must know all about evidence based practice, and realise the value of backing up what you say with facts. Thats how we operate on these boards.