Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Snoring

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I've been told by my friends recently that I can snore quite loudly. Is this a bad thing for relationships, and will it mean girls will refuse to sleep with me after the first time, or is it nothing to worry about?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    okay...snoring is very annoying imo...can't remember what it is at the moment but you can get something to help you stop snoring, if it is worrying you a lot...guess it depends on how bad it is...or you could chat with your gp.
    also, it depends on what your girlfriend makes of it...she might not mind it...or she could hate it...it doesn't mean she necessarily won't sleep with you again...there are a lot more factors in it, than just whether you snore or not. :yes:
    Iv slept in bed with people who snore and how irritated i get depends on how muchit disturbs my sleep.
    If i can just ignore it, or you stop quickly, or its quiet its not a big deal.
    If its so loud you can hear it in the whole house, or even if your're pushed over, you keep snoring i would def suggest you see your GP.
    For your own confidence as well as who ever your sleeping next to!
    any girl that is sleeping with you because she likes you will probably just give you a good kick to shut u up.
    most snorers stop when they change positions they are sleeping in ,eg roll over.
    i poke my boyfriend until he roles over- it usually works.
    I snore if my nose gets blocked (normally because of heating on too high drying me up) and then i open my mouth, and either my tonsils or something at the back there vibrate a lot :p. I fell asleep on my girlfriend the other day and started snoring, but apparently it was on of those where you breath in normally then breathe out a sigh, she found it both amusing and cute. :/

I wouldn't worry about it - some people will get so narked off that they may even want to sleep in a different bed - it's not uncommon for married couples to do this even, but they still love each other :p Just depends how much it bothers the other person, and whether you can get it fixed.
    im sure that if she wants to sleep with you then a bit of snoring wont put her off.

also usually its nothing that a good poke in the ribs wont solve :p

now people that grind their teeth in their sleep on the other hand....... :banghead:
    My boyf snores a lot. Its only annoying cos I can't sleep through it. A quick nudge/slap/hand over nose usually helps.
    if she like you enough to sleep with you, it'll probably take more than a little bit of snoring to put her off.

just buy her some earplugs ;)
    Snoring is annoying, but if a girl likes you enough to sleep with you, she shouldn't be too bothered about something that's quite petty really. If she is, she's not worth the effort. Once you're in a serious relationship, of course it's worth trying to stop the snoring if your partner hates it, but in a new relationship, I doubt it would be a massive issue.