Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Portugal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I am going to Portugal for 1 month to work at the end of June this year. I have never been abroad in my life let alone Portugal. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Like what is Portugal like? Is it expensive? Weather? etc.

Thanks.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    whereabouts are you going?

i've only been to the algarve, but it's one of my favourite places in the world. the weather's nice, the food is tasty, the scenery is beautiful and the people are friendly.
    I amn't sure where I am going will tell when I find out. I am doing it through college.
    i've been to the algarve, very hot, there's loads of nice wee towns, lots of culture, not sure about night life, i stayed in a place called alvor and it was quite small, but there's bigger places called pria del rocha sp? and faro for instance which would probably have clubs, beaches are nice aswell, you'll definately have a good time at it.
    kaffrin wrote:
    whereabouts are you going?

i've only been to the algarve, but it's one of my favourite places in the world. the weather's nice, the food is tasty, the scenery is beautiful and the people are friendly.

:yes: Portugal is ace, so relaxed.
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    I amn't sure where I am going will tell when I find out. I am doing it through college.

try to know :)

I'm from Portugal... The only thing I can say is that, in that time of the year, Portugal is pretty hot, but it's hotter next to Spain...