Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Understanding the phrase "leave me alone" and "No!"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you do when your pissed and alone, drinking in a pub, drowning out your sorrows; and some idiot starts talking to you... you acknowledge one of their sentances - just to be polite... then they sit down next to you... carry on talking... start touching you... and no matter what you say - they just don't get the message to leave you alone...

What do you do ???

or rather how do you make idiots understand the word "No!" ???

Any replies appreciated ... thanx

could be good for future reference...it kind of went WAY too far!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Throw up all over them, Little Britain styley.
    i'd just walk off or something. though if i didn't want to, and if i'd had a few drinks i'd probably tell them where to goand physically remove them myself (or at least try to). if they're really being creepy, tell a member of staff and they'll hopefully sort them out.
    if i was stupidly drunk i'd probably tell them where to go :impissed: Otherwise i'd probably just get out of my seat to get another drink, an then sit down over the other side of the room and hope they got the message :chin:
    I'd tell the guy to remove his hand before I shove it so far up his arse he'd be opening his mouth to shake hands.

No, really I'd probably move. Or ignore.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Someone was being really annoying to me in a pub a few years ago. He wouldn't leave me and my friend alone. He went and bought us both a drink, came back, had wondering hands so he got his drink back. Over his head. Both mine and my friends.

Needless to say we were both pissed. But it worked.
    Apparently i have this "look" that could make boys cry lol
    Try that, do the "as if id go anywhere near you look" or "who do you think you are talkin to ME" lol always comedy

I think that if they dont leave you alone first of all be quite calm and polite. Obviously if that doesnt work, get angry they probably dont want attention drawn to the fact that they cant get a girl lol
    Body language does it too. Turn you whole body away from them, if you cant look totally beyond them, pretend they not there. If they speak to you ignore them completely, not even acknowledging they are in the room.
    Kentish wrote:
    Throw up all over them, Little Britain styley.

Rock on :thumb:

If it's an old bloke I normally say I'm gay, or pretened a mate of mine is my boyfriend.

I can get quite hostile with unwanted touch.
    I tell them i'm gay.
    I'd further like to point out that girls never ask me to leave them alone, because they are so god damn grateful to have me speaking to them in the first place.
    Lets see who's the first person stupid enough to rise to the bait and kick off :(
    I'd kick off if they really didnt get the message!
    But then i do have an anger problem, so pretty much to be expected hehe
    But then i'd laugh after at myself and the bloke!
    Last night I poured what was left of my drink on some guys trousers. Because he wouldn't leave me alone and then decided to feel my boobs and I was like erm no. I think he got the idea :thumb:

It is annoying when people won't leave you alone. Sometimes they just dont get the message. Try walking off to the loo, then going somewhere else when you come back where they cant see you.
    I reckon the best things to do would be polite at first and gradually change tactics. Politely say you're not interested, or maybe throw some water over them. But as for this...
    Dan Brown wrote:
    I'd like to point out that girls never ask me to leave them alone, because they are so grateful to have me speaking to them in the first place.
    This coming from the Banned Lothario? :lol:
    Poke them in the eyes like they do in Kung Foo movies. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
    Poke them in the eyes like they do in Kung Foo movies. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
    Do you say this from practical experience? :p
    ermmm...i guess if i used violence against someone...it is always possible to say i was provoked to do it ?!

it's just so annoying when guys won't leave me alone; they know i'm pissed and are only after one thing. - it's always older men as well for some reason, esp. as if I'm on my own, I tend to go into quiter pubs. when I'm with friends, its usually the uni bar or somewhere in the city.

may be i should just quit drinking... then it might not happen?

or may be i should stop trying to be so nice...even to total perverts...

:thumb: thanx for the advice y'all.