Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Uniform

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, im due to get my uniform for work in the next 2weeks. We have to order a shirt, and my boss wants me to order trousers, thing is these trousers only go up to a 32" leg, i need a 36"!!
He said to me, "oh cant u order some and make them longer", shutup.
So then he goes on to say, well you'l have to get some new ones then, i had a look today and they are going to cost me £28! a) they are for working in and b) Im pregnant and they wont fit me in a month or so anyway!
The girls in work have said that work should pay for them, im just wondering, what are the chances of work paying for them? :confused: Anyone else had the same problem?

Comments

• Options
    Personally I think work should pay for them or at least give you a contribution towards them as it isn't your fault that they don't provide a uniform in your size. It does seem kind of pointless you having to get new ones at all if you aren't even going to be able to wear them soon, do they provide maternity wear uniform?
  • Options
    do they provide maternity wear uniform?

:no: my manager who's just gone on mat leave had to buy all her own stuff.
  • Options
    they should firstly provide adequate length trousers - they're assuming that all women are short! as for him telling you to make them longer, haha. he sounds funny.

secondly i would have thought they would provide a maternity uniform, though whether they should make you pay for this is argueable. i'm not sure how it happens at my work, but i know if you require any additional uniform to that already provided (which is free of charge) is provided to you at a cost.

have you asked whether you're expected to get your own clothes? or could they not let you wear a pair of plain trousers or something which you'll presumably have to buy for yourself anyway?