Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I got it for $1 from San Francisco 7 years ago

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whilst at a club last night my friend and I were chatting to a girl and she mentioned her dress that she was wearing

Her exact words were

"I got it for $1 from San Francisco 7 years ago"

And she seemed very pleased with herself ...

If someone told you the same thing would you think they're pretty clever or just tight?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whilst at a club last night my friend and I were chatting to a girl and she mentioned her dress that she was wearing

Her exact words were

"I got it for $1 from San Francisco 7 years ago"

And she seemed very pleased with herself ...

If someone told you the same thing would you think they're pretty clever or just tight?

Depends how nice the dress was :p
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    If it was a nice dress then I would be impressed. I wouldn't think it tight - I have lots of clothes that old that I like to wear every so often. And some of them were quite cheap to buy.
    Depends how nice the dress was :p

We only started talking to her because under the UV lights it looked like her dress was covered in hand prints that glowed orange and we were curious as to wether she'd done it herself
    We only started talking to her because under the UV lights it looked like her dress was covered in hand prints that glowed orange and we were curious as to wether she'd dont it herself
    Haha!!! So that'd make it NOT a nice dress then :p

pretty clever.

even if it was ugly, at least she didn't pay more than a dollar for an ugly dress.
    kaffrin wrote:
    pretty clever.

even if it was ugly, at least she didn't pay more than a dollar for an ugly dress.

The $1 thing I thought was smart but the fact it was 7 years old made it a bit negative
    The $1 thing I thought was smart but the fact it was 7 years old made it a bit negative

why?

i've got clothes i've had for 10 years.
    Id think clever. Ive had some things for years and it doesnt feel like ive had them years. I wont throw something out just because its old, unless it looked old and worn.

if it still fits and isn't falling apart then there's no problem with something being old in my opinion.
    it's deffinately a good thing to say about a tweed suit, after having found it ina a charity shop :yes:

a dress on the other hand... could be different :p
    Mist wrote:
    if it still fits and isn't falling apart then there's no problem with something being old in my opinion.

I have no idea but I just interpreted that in a so un-clothes-like way. I'm getting weird again, best be off to sleep. :wave:
    kaffrin wrote:
    why?

i've got clothes i've had for 10 years.

It was very much a 70's style hippy type dress, so you couldn't even tell if it was old or retro chic ...

But I guess the point is sometimes giving people too much info can be a bad thing...

It's a bit like this show on TV called "Would Like To Meet ...." this woman turns red when she gets embarressed and she'd tell all the en she comes out in a rash, which sends them running...
    Who cares what she was wearing...it's a cheap dress, she took advantage of the sale.

Did you get the dress off her diamond?
    i dont think that there is anything wrong with wearing n eight year old dress however i do know what you mean about giving to much info one of my friends was out for ,y birthday and looked abserloutley stunning (better than i did lol) and everytime anyone complimented her she would go well i got the top and pants for £5 and the shoes for £10 and i was just like let people compliment ou ffs
    I have no idea but I just interpreted that in a so un-clothes-like way. I'm getting weird again, best be off to sleep. :wave:

Yes. My comments can apply to many things.
    Mel-H wrote:
    i dont think that there is anything wrong with wearing n eight year old dress however i do know what you mean about giving to much info one of my friends was out for ,y birthday and looked abserloutley stunning (better than i did lol) and everytime anyone complimented her she would go well i got the top and pants for £5 and the shoes for £10 and i was just like let people compliment ou ffs

LOL ... that reminds of my friends at uni, instead of saying they're just going to the toilet .. they'd say I'm going for a dump .... a little to specific...
    For some strange reason when I read this post I thought of the word Slut Dunno why...? :no: :p
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    J wrote:
    Sounds like a futuristic design perfect for wearing to a night club :)

Similar to the ancient handprints found on cave walls in places like the Australian outback.

"I've got hands... Fancy popping outback?" She said glancing at him with those inviting eyes, as the bass speakers pulsed through their chests like the tribal drums, their Australian ancestors...
    You come out with the strangest things sometimes J =\
    I would think it's pretty clever, i mean who doesn't love the odd bargain! The oldest clothes i have are probably about 3 years old but that's because from the age of 14/15 i've grown and stuff so none of them fit me anymore.
    If it's still wearable and you like it doesn't matter how long it's been around.