Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eyeliner (is this section for makeup as well??)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
*gone*

Comments

• Options
    swank wrote:
    So, I am 16 years old and aside from mascara when I was about 12/13 I have never worn makeup! So obviously I'm kinda stupid about this sotr of thing....
    I have a kohl eyeliner pencil and i've attempted to put it on underneath my eye and I *think* i've done it right, (ie not smudge it across my cheek) just wondering but am I supposed to put it on above my eye? How much am I supposed to put on?

Depends. If it's black, then just a thin line (hate the ones that are clearly visible). If it's colored then it can be thick.

At least those are the rules I use. And I ALWAYS get compliments on my make-up. Always. Even boys notice it :D
  • Options
    that would depend on what sort of look your going for

if you have done a thick hard line then it may look a bit odd and bare on your top lid

if you have done a very thin line then it may look ok just doing the bottom

i find that it normally looks best if you apply it only to the outside half of the top and bottom lids and smudge it with a cotton bud (on the bottom lid smudge it accross to the inside corner a little)

Its quite hard to get it really clost to the lashes, i find that looking down into a mirror is the best way
  • Options
    i usually draw a line under my bottom lashes, smudge it with a finger, and then use the colour on my finger to put a wee bit of colour on the outside of my eyelids.

but there are no hard and fast rules. play about a bit and see what looks best.
  • Options
    8gone*
  • Options
    swank wrote:
    I'm really confused, wouldn't smudging it just make it look like I hadn't got enough sleep the night before?

not unless you've put waaay too much on. and smudge it across, not down. it should just look like a soft line. you don't have to smudge it, but it looks a lot less harsh.
  • Options
    I just leave it under my eyes. Ive work eyeliner for about a year now, and im still crap at putting it on! Just stick to under your eyes until your used to wearing it :yes:
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    not unless you've put waaay too much on. and smudge it across, not down. it should just look like a soft line. you don't have to smudge it, but it looks a lot less harsh.
    It's easiest if you get a pencil with a sponge on the end to avoid spreading it too much - at least if you're as malco as me...
  • Options
    My advice would be to invest in a good quality soft eye liner. If the tip is softer it is easier and less painful to work with.

Personally I only ever wear eyeliner when I'm going out and to make a statement (dress up the eyes, leave the lips almost nude) and don't wear it day to day.