Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how much do resort reps get paid...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi there everyone.
Has anyone got any info on resort repping?
How much do you get paid and do you get much time to go out?
Any one with any info please reply.
XXXXX :heart: :flirt:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I can tell you looooads about repping :D Ask me and I'll try my best to answer.

But what I will say first is that it varies loads on what company you work for. I worked for Cosmos Holidays but I had a few friends that were reps for Thomas Cook, so it might be all different when you actually get out there.

I got paid a set rate of £460 a month, you don't get paid by the hour or whatever because you never know how many hours you'll do. Like one week you could work til midnight every night and one week you could be really quiet but you'd still get the same amount of pay. You might have living expenses to come out of that though, buying food for example, or you might be lucky enough to work in an all-inclusive hotel like I did and get everything free :D

About time off to go out - I got one full day a week off, and usually worked 4 nights a week, so I did get a few nights off to go out. But what you'll learn is this - everybody goes out whether they're working or not. We used to start at 9am, do the kids club, then work doing the cabaret show until midnight, then go out afterwards til 6am, then go to work at 9 the next morning :D You get used to it, repping is a bit of a crazy life :D

Ooh and I had one more thought about your boyfriend. The best thing for you to do I reckon would be to go out there, then after about a month you'll start getting to know the owners of the bars and stuff and can ask about jobs for him, most bars provide accomodation for their staff even if it is a bit grubby. Just an idea :)
  • Options
    I worked for Direct Holidays as a kids rep.
    I got £500 a month. That included my flat/appartment which they can change at any time,(and DID wen i was there.)
    The CSA's (normal reps) got bout £350-400 but worked got a percentage of what they sold so at the start and end of season....not much lol
    I was expectin amazing nightlife....didnt get it, i think i had preconceptions dont go with any!!
    If ya want ne questions answered msg me :)