Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

my cowbag boss!!! - help!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive just about had it with my manager and the way she treats me, which is basically like a piece of shit.

her fave phrase towards me is "im sick of you". she is always rude, and snidey towards me, which would be fine, except its only towards me. i work in a restaurant, only about 25 staff altogether, and i can guarantee im the only person on the receiving end of it, ive asked around

the final straw came last week, i was in the bar, and a check came through for 2 floater coffees (liquer coffe with cream floated on top of it). they are really hard to make! so i asked her if she could poosibly do it, cos i cant do it. she turned, sneered at me, and said

"i cannot believe that the next generation of children in this country are going to be taught by YOU - *mimics me in stupid voice* 'i cant do it' "

i am a student teacher. i just had to walk away, as i was about to burst into tears. how absolutely vile and horrible is that??? thats my future career, ffs, what i intend to do with my life.

and the next day she tried to make light of it saying id taken it too seriously. how was i supposed to take it? chortle merrily and say, right, im gunna be a shit teacher, good one, ho ho?

but then, at other times, she gives me hugley responsible jobs, like managing the tills, training up the new starts, etc. i really cant fathom her out.

its all making me really upset as a result. but i dont wanna leave, as i have so many good friends there, plus i need the money.

what should i do??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    get her the sack
    is she the top boss, or just your boss? if there's anyone more senior than her, i'd report her to them for harrassment.

if she's the most senior member of staff, i don't know what i'd do.
    agree with kaffrin, this woman is being incredibly unproffessional, and needs to be told by someone senior. i have found that people like this tend to jealous. you are doing something with your life you want to do - she just works in a coffee shop.and obviously isnt happy with it.

u deserve an apology, she was really rude and unproffessional
    She sounds like a real bully, like everyone else has said - take it to her senior, and keep a diary of her nasty comments too.