Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Motivation to Work at Uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
At school you have teachers and parents breathing down your neck making sure you do your work or revise. But at university there is nothing like that. Apart from the pressure of deadlines, how do people motivate themselves to do the extra reading, or revision?

Im about to take the first of my 1st year uni exams, and am starting to get into the revision. but as for extra reading during the semester, i hardly did any as i just never felt like doing it...any tips?

cheers!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't work and you will get a crappy degree, if you get one at all. Motive enough surely?
    lol I'm halfway through my time at uni, and I've only just found some decent motivation.

Dunno how its come about; probably the fact that next year I'm graduating and what I do now bearsa down on the rest of my life. So not so much sleeping in til 3pm for me anymore....
    i know what you mean.so far i have had the motivation to do assignments as you actually have work to do whereas revision is just sooooo boring.im trying to revise for an exam i have this week and its just not happening!!! :banghead: i find it so hard revising, whereas assignments are ok to do!!come on motivation..............
    My motiviation is the fear of coming out with a crap degree or no degree at all after getting myself into thousands of pounds worth of debt. I know I can do really well and I don't want to let myself down, or my parents who have to pay my tuition fees. I think to myself that I'm really lucky to be here, there are people in parts of the world who walk miles every day to receive even the most basic education and I should make the most of what I have.

When it comes to revising and stuff, giving yourself little treats every couple of hours or so seems to really help, as its like "when I learn this, I can do this". Also thinking about getting your marks afterwards seems to help with me.