Home› Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Im CLEAN!!!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got an implant at life back clinic and want to talk to anyone else who has had one or thinking about it

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What?
    bongbudda wrote:
    What?

my exact thoughts, all i have to say is

welcome to the planet earth nub :D
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Rastarat, are you spamming our drugs board?
    Yea keep talking shite. :thumb:
    My brother got an implant which made smack not affect him, maybe thats what he's on about?
    My brother got an implant which made smack not affect him, maybe thats what he's on about?

ah yes, well i never heard about it being treated for smack but i heard about this implant that makes the taste of cigarettes so disgusting that you'll end up cutting down and eventually quitting them
    Was it Naltrexone? It works by blocking the opiate receptors in the brain so the effects of certain drugs are negated.
    LadyJade wrote:
    Was it Naltrexone? It works by blocking the opiate receptors in the brain so the effects of certain drugs are negated.

could you do that for every drug known to man?
    I suppose so, but as they aren't sure how some drugs act on the brain, or there are very complex chemical reactions taking place that can't yet be mapped, I wouldn't expect it would happen any time soon.

To be honest, I don't know the answer to that question.
    Addiction is a form of escape, untill you help the person stop wanting to escape it doesnt matter how many vaccines or patches you give them.

They will swap drugs from heroin to cocaine, then alcohol or whatever.

Drugs which block the action or give unpleasant side effects do have some use however, they are given in some cases to people who want to give up. There is one for alcoholics which makes them really sick if they drink. This for some alcoholics is seen as just that last push they need to not relapse.
    LadyJade wrote:
    I'm not sure what it was called. He was on tablets at first which did the same thing, then he went and got some kind of implant.
    They will swap drugs from heroin to cocaine, then alcohol or whatever.
    The mans right :) My brother, once with the implant, moved onto crack for a while, mum n dad started drug testing him as a condition of staying in our house and then he turned to alcohol. He's safely behind bars now.
    About Naltrexone

Naltrexone implants are not suitable for a lot of patients and they are unlicensed and unavailable on the NHS.
    Many centres offer them privately.
    They work by blocking the opiate receptors in the brain and thus the theory is that if you take an Opiate (heroin) it will have no effect. Implants work by slow release over many months and stop the need to take a Naltrexone tablet every day.
    They work on the principle that if people were able to remember a pill every day there would be a lot less teenage pregnancies!
    They are inserted under local anaesthetic. A patient must be clean of Opiates for 5-7 days before taking Naltrexone because the Naltrexone blocker can overcome the Opiate and put someone into an instant cold turkey which is very very unpleasant.
    There is evidence to suggest that Naltexone at a low dose may also work on Alcohol, and other addictions as they tend to work on the "pleasure centres" in the brain. There is also evidence to suggest that they may work on crack, as the ability to "come down" from heroin has been removed and a lot of crack users chose to take crack with Heroin as thay use the heroin to "parachute" down from the high of the crack. If you remove the ability to take heroin, the desire to take crack can be less.
    I hope this helps. I apologise for interrupting this thread.
    PS Well done Rastarat
    The mans right :) My brother, once with the implant, moved onto crack for a while, mum n dad started drug testing him as a condition of staying in our house and then he turned to alcohol. He's safely behind bars now.

As I said, drug abuse is escapism, the addiction is a symptom, not the root cause.
    You dont know

Escapism is just a phrase. Dont mean anything. Heroin is morphine. Its the best painkiler known to man kind. It dont just kill cancer pain or physical pain. It kill emotional pain too.
    You dont know what escapism mean. It dont mean nothing. It just a word that they use cos they dont understand why we need to kill pain. So they say escapism cos it makes us sound weak, like we need to escape. That not true. We need to kill pain not escape. Running away is weak. Killing pain is strong. but when it get so bad, we use too much painkiller it get to be a problem. Thats when we need help. We need to face up to our pain and be strong. We need to fight pain, fight the painkiller, fight the people who use word like escapism to describe what they dont understand, cos the truth behind the need to kill the pain is what they dont understand. If you havent lived it you cant talk about it.
    I killed the pain. I killed the painkiller. I am clean and strong now. No pain no more. No more social workers saying the words that end in ism cos they dont know nothing else. you dont know what you talkin about. patronisingism my new word.
    rastarat wrote:
    Escapism is just a phrase. Dont mean anything. Heroin is morphine. Its the best painkiler known to man kind. It dont just kill cancer pain or physical pain. It kill emotional pain too.
    You dont know what escapism mean. It dont mean nothing. It just a word that they use cos they dont understand why we need to kill pain. So they say escapism cos it makes us sound weak, like we need to escape. That not true. We need to kill pain not escape. Running away is weak. Killing pain is strong. but when it get so bad, we use too much painkiller it get to be a problem. Thats when we need help. We need to face up to our pain and be strong. We need to fight pain, fight the painkiller, fight the people who use word like escapism to describe what they dont understand, cos the truth behind the need to kill the pain is what they dont understand. If you havent lived it you cant talk about it.
    I killed the pain. I killed the painkiller. I am clean and strong now. No pain no more. No more social workers saying the words that end in ism cos they dont know nothing else. you dont know what you talkin about. patronisingism my new word.

i think you contradicted yourself there, escapism is more than just killing the pain, it is emotional as you've said, there are loads of social reasons why people take drugs, it's very rare that good boys from good familiy's take drugs, we're being kept under key and lock by society, drugs are escapism for alot.
    rastarat wrote:
    You dont know what escapism mean. It dont mean nothing. It just a word that they use cos they dont understand why we need to kill pain. So they say escapism cos it makes us sound weak, like we need to escape. That not true. We need to kill pain not escape. Running away is weak. Killing pain is strong. but when it get so bad, we use too much painkiller it get to be a problem.

No, I dont know what its like to be addicted to heroin, but you seem to have taken offense over a triviality. Its just a word, you say you needed it to kill the 'pain' I suggested it was escapism.

They are one and the SAME thing.

Oh, and heroin is diamorphine, not morphine.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    A the end of the day the best reason for using all drugs is to escape. That's why I use them.
    To escape for brief moments to break up the daily grind, but then it's important to realise that these short breaks from reality are only enjoyable as long as you have responsibilities to escape from. You need your downs to enjoy your highs.
    When being high becomes normal it's no longer fun.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    A the end of the day the best reason for using all drugs is to escape. That's why I use them.
    To escape for brief moments to break up the daily grind, but then it's important to realise that these short breaks from reality are only enjoyable as long as you have responsibilities to escape from. You need your downs to enjoy your highs.
    When being high becomes normal it's no longer fun.

well said, thats why it's not the norm for me anymore, where's the fun in it when it becomes like that
    turlough wrote:
    it's very rare that good boys from good familiy's take drugs,
    Just have to comment that I dis-agree with this. Some people are lucky, others not so. I could have ended up on the smack quite easily, it was only a good mate who stopped me, I was lucky. I'm from a good family, never being without a holiday abroad, always being looked after, went to the best school in my area and one of the best schools in the country, but I still take drugs, I've just being lucky enough to avoid getting into smack & crack.
    Same as my brother, although he was not so lucky, his mates got into it and so did he, it was a downhill spiral from there. It had nothing to do with his upbringing.
    turlough wrote:
    it's very rare that good boys from good familiy's take drugs,

Hmmmm...what do "good boy" and "good family" mean? Most people take drugs 'cos they can be lots of fun. The people who get problems with drugs tend to have some kind of emotional pain/trauma that they're trying to deal with. That has very little to do with coming from a "good family" though. Even the richest families cab be dysfunctional (look at the Royal Family), people who've had good relationships with their parents can suffer trauma. Class often makes a difference when it comes to how people cope and treatment however. Someone with lots of money won't necessarily end up homeless and their family can maybe pay for a top class rehab etc.