Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

what would you if your friend refused your help to get off drugs?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my mate wont listen to the advice his friends are givin him an its startin 2 scare us all

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What's he on?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    my mate wont listen to the advice his friends are givin him an its startin 2 scare us all

Depends what he's taking and how he's taking it.
    If he's just enjoying a smoke every noiw and again or popping a few pills at the weekend I wouldn't worry too much.
    Weekender Offender 
    As skive said it depends what he's taking it and how, if he's a desperate heroin junkie and lives each day by searching for the next hit then i'd start to worry about him but if he's only a weekend user out taking a few pills or some coke then that's what he wants to do and you probably don't have call for much worry.
    Shogun wrote:
    As skive said it depends what he's taking it and how, if he's a desperate heroin junkie and lives each day by searching for the next hit then i'd start to worry about him but if he's only a weekend user out taking a few pills or some coke then that's what he wants to do and you probably don't have call for much worry.

Probably the latter...
    I know some fucked up people who will run away when a joint is lit. The mind boggles.
    If they're not ready to stop, there's pretty much nothing you can do, except let them know that you'll support them when they are ready.
    some info would be helpful
    Blagsta wrote:
    If they're not ready to stop, there's pretty much nothing you can do, except let them know that you'll support them when they are ready.

So why is the government putting lots of money into forced treatment then?
    Because they think its a vote winner.
    Indeed, gives them a chance to sound caring yet tough.

Would probably be a better idea not to encorage people to get treatment through the criminal justice system though wouldnt it.