Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Focus!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, what can I take to make me focus when im at work?

Since I fell in love I daydream all day and my work is suffering. :impissed:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A kick up the bum? :p
    Coffee
    cocaine :)
    SOPH1A wrote:

Bad advice, you don't want to be doing drugs to keep a focus on work, good way to fall into daily use and become addicted...
    SOPH1A wrote:

Ahhh, I don't know about that. A hefty noseful and you'll be doing fuck all work. Too busy sitting being very chuffed with yourself lol.
    I used to use amphetamines at uni for work, they do sort of work, though they have many drawbacks.

If you are writting then you tend to loose all sentance structure and have massive paragraphs with no stop at all because your brain is going too fast.

Also the false sense of confidence leads to you putting down crap and thinking its great.

And of course, as you'd expect if you rely on a drug to concenrate it quickly becomes habit and that habit quickly becomes an addiction. And then you'll be doing it all day every day.

If you are looking for a gentle stimulant I'd suggest guaranna, its like coffee, but longer lasting and not so jittery, make sure you get the un-processed powder, not the extract.