Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

mushies and newbies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm thinking of doing some mushies quite soon, and someone who might be doing them with me is a total newbie to drugs, whats the best way to handle them and the best way to take mushies? and prefered types???

thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    best way to handle them is as far away from people who know nothing of drugs as possible.
    by that i mean forget the pubs and clubs ...forget your mums front room.
    somewhere familiar and warm and safe ...with someone who has had them before.
    you shouldn't go far wrong.
    but remember ...mushies aint stimulants like cocain ...they aint relexants like smack ...they are psycadelics and ...yu will go on a trip.
    you shouldn't even think of trying to converse with the straight world if possible.

unless you need them to bail you out like.
    Start with a low dosage, you never know how you will react to the mushrooms and even if it's not enough you can always up the dose but you can't go back once you eat a big dose of shrooms.

If your buying them from a shop then the mexican type half a 30g bag should be enough for you.

Do not go near people who aren't tripping you wouldn't want to know that you are, it will all go wrong the minute you open your mouth unless you rather experienced with mushrooms..last time i took them i ended up going into the main city centre during the day and walking around with a friend whos first time it was, talk of paranoia. :;
    i've never done mushies but i have smoked a hell of a lot of weed and had mdma once or twice, but the other person has never done anything as far as i'm aware.
    Mushrooms are nothing compared to smoking a hell of alot of weed or MDMA, MDMA is better. :D

Seriously though mushrooms will be nothing like you've ever taken before, it's a trip, you think some wierd thoughts.

I'm really going to have to get round to eating a huge dose of mushrooms before they'r made illegal, thinking of eating 45-60grams fresh.
    Shogun wrote:
    MDMA is better. :D

Seriously though mushrooms will be nothing like you've ever taken before, it's a trip, you think some wierd thoughts.

not comparable. completely different night out. ...one your more inclined to do on a regular basis ...cos you can.
    mushies are now and again specials ...last time i had some was with a band in a barn in the middle of nowhere ...hells angels from all over the land turned up ...as in two or four from each area ...lots.
    booze and old hippys ...hillbly music and a fantastic night.
    but ...not somtehing you do often for very long.
    they are actualy anti addictive the same as lsd.
    not comparable. completely different night out. ...one your more inclined to do on a regular basis ...cos you can.
    mushies are now and again specials ...last time i had some was with a band in a barn in the middle of nowhere ...hells angels from all over the land turned up ...as in two or four from each area ...lots.

I've taken them 3 times in the past 10 months, not alot of use with them but you get more from them that way.

LSD is different to mushrooms, i know they'r sorta the same but there is a distinct feeling between LSD+Shrooms whenever your tripping, plus LSD will last longer.
    how long will a mushie trip last?
    six to twelve hours depending on type and ammount.
    if you take around a hundred welsh ones you will be seeing new worlds and moments.
    in the seventies we took as many as a thousand ...very heavy experience.
    still walking in the direction of our destination but t talk about side tracking and adventures!
    the last time i took mushies was at the oxegen festivel, i took a bag along with 13 e's, a bottle of buckfast, over 15 tins, a gram of speed and a bit of coke and loads of smoke, not at the same time mind you, throughout a 24 hour period, i lay in my tent and saw a rainbow shooting upwards from the gorund, none of this semi circle shit, straight out with miniture mushroom clouds you see after an atomic bomb inside it, amazing stuff. also, people looked really close but they were really far away, everything was compact at the time, two minutes later everyone was 5 miles away, my perception was fucked. good luck anyway with it all.
    turlough wrote:
    the last time i took mushies was at the oxegen festivel, i took a bag along with 13 e's, a bottle of buckfast, over 15 tins, a gram of speed and a bit of coke and loads of smoke, not at the same time mind you, throughout a 24 hour period, i lay in my tent and saw a rainbow shooting upwards from the gorund, none of this semi circle shit, straight out with miniture mushroom clouds you see after an atomic bomb inside it, amazing stuff. also, people looked really close but they were really far away, everything was compact at the time, two minutes later everyone was 5 miles away, my perception was fucked. good luck anyway with it all.

fuck

I'd say within about 6 hours you will be back to base line, you will feel a little frazzled but pretty much fine.

With a small dose mushies should last about 4-5 hours once you have come up, which is about 20 mins after taking them.

But the peak will be less than that, between the +1hr and +3-4hr time.
    so, ok if we're talking around a 30 g doseage between 2 of us? is that about right for starters?
    I found out you can get them at 15 quid for 30 g. is that about right?

Thats sounds like a supercool time man..

Everyones already said what i was going too. Its a shame that almost everyone takes mushrooms, lsd and whatnot under the wrong sort of atmosphere, never gaining the true potentials from the drugs. I even think that about marijuana though..

shame.
    so, ok if we're talking around a 30 g doseage between 2 of us? is that about right for starters?
    I found out you can get them at 15 quid for 30 g. is that about right?

Thats stil pretty high i would think, 5-10g is more apt for a beginner i would presume.
    30g of wet is about right, though the problem is the variable strength of the mushies themselves.

I've shared a tub with someone before, they've got loads of effect off one mushie, I've eaten the rest of the tub and not gotten the same effect.

I would say make a tea out of them, that way the active ingredient is better shared out.

Place the mushies into warm but not boiling water and let to steep, the water should turn a wierd blue colour. Add honey to mask the taste and then drink.
    six to twelve hours depending on type and ammount.
    if you take around a hundred welsh ones you will be seeing new worlds and moments.
    in the seventies we took as many as a thousand ...very heavy experience.
    still walking in the direction of our destination but t talk about side tracking and adventures!

The high from magic mushrooms usually declines after about 4/5 hours...to a sort of peaceful trippy state which lasts until you go to sleep.

I would say the actual trip usually lasts about 5 hours.
    I've done mushrooms about 4 times. Started off with 5 g (fresh), felt nothing except a possible very mild mood increase. 10 g next time, not much. 20 g, started to get some really nice effects. I was playing cards, and I noticed the back of the cards were changing colour and I could see strange dancing patterns in them. The weird thing was that if I focused my concentration, I could still play the card game. But then I wanted to enjoy the shrooms so I went upstairs. Sitting on the john I got fascinated by how my spacial perception was changing, and sat there playing with the strange visual effects with my hands for about 15 minutes.

Next time I took 30 g and didn't get any higher than the previous time, disappointed me because I want to explore some of the realms McKenna talks about. These were philosopher's stones too, meant to be strong. I guess I'm a little shroom resistant, or didn't get a good batch.
    i've never done mushies but i have smoked a hell of a lot of weed and had mdma once or twice, but the other person has never done anything as far as i'm aware.

Personally I wouldn't suggest taking them if neither of you have done it before. Not unless you're totally away from anyone else and you can keep in the right frame of mind about it. Be positive and see it as a laugh and you'll be fine, though you may feel bloated and burp a lot when you're coming up :)
    Personally I wouldn't suggest taking them if neither of you have done it before. Not unless you're totally away from anyone else and you can keep in the right frame of mind about it. Be positive and see it as a laugh and you'll be fine, though you may feel bloated and burp a lot when you're coming up :)
    ummm, thats kinda what i thought, i might wait till summer. anyway thanks for the advice.....
    ummm, thats kinda what i thought, i might wait till summer. anyway thanks for the advice.....

yes thats the best one, i shoulda done that, get a few good friends, a tent, a guitar, sit in a nice area with a good view on a hot day and trip out........